Diagnoses and repairs cars or light trucks. Other duties include inspecting vehicles, performing routine service, and keeping records of work done, including determining what is wrong in unique circumstances, the use of testing equipment following repairs to ensure that automobiles are safe to drive
• Carry out standard installation, maintenance and repair activities under detailed guidance. Troubleshoot basic technical or operational problems by applying previously defined solutions.
• Carry out standard maintenance and repair activities under detailed guidance. Troubleshoot basic technical or operational problems by applying previously defined solutions.
• Follow a range of mandatory work instructions (including use of personal protection equipment where relevant) to safeguard the environment and the wellbeing of oneself and others.
• Provide initial fault isolation and support in proposing resolution for approval by Team Leader to limit and address issues promptly
• Report any repairing problems or issues
• Use a range of tools and equipment in accordance with safe operating procedures, including specialist tools and equipment. Includes performing basic safety checks, and storing tools and equipment appropriately so that they are kept safe.
• Work according to an assigned schedule.
• Follow a range of mandatory procedures to ensure that work is carried out to the required quality standards and/or to ensure adherence to external regulatory codes and internal codes of conduct.
• Carry out maintenance and repair tasks, following detailed instructions and working under close supervision to complete the allocated tasks.
• Create positive experiences for collegues by interacting courteously with them.
• Develop and maintain excellent process or technical skills by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching.
• Provide technical support to inspections of the quality of engineering works and/or the integrity of existing installations or structures, and the remedial works needed in accordance with organizational standards and regulatory requirements.
Certification from a vocational school
Required Qualifications & Skills
Minimum 2-4 years experience as a mechanic
Job Specific Skills:
• Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic components of vehicles
• Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
• Ability to handle various tools (e.g. pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
• Ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment
• Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protection against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals, etc.
• Excellent physical condition
• Good oral and written communications skills in English
• Valid driver’s license is a must
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
- Salary Offer 100000 - 5000000 UGX 100000 - 5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda