World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Technical Programme Officer Resilience & Livelihood
Report to: Regional Programme Manager
Location: Gulu District
Purpose of the position:
Contribute to achieving World Vision Uganda’s (WVU) child wellbeing targets in designated clusters through planning, monitoring and implementing the Resilience & Livelihood programme in line with applicable technical approaches and WVU national strategy. Oversee roll out of best practices and models in a manner that promotes ownership, sustainability.
Project planning and implementation
- Ensure that the cluster designs are in line with the Resilience &Livelihood national office strategy
- Supervise and monitor ongoing activities under the Cluster Resilience & Livelihood projects
- Ensure quality in the roll out of project models ensuring sufficient funds allocated to particular activities in annual plans
- Coordinate and oversee Cluster Resilience &Livelihood projects being implemented by partners and technical resource persons.
- Initiate and participate in Production and food production district Advocacy initiatives
- Liaise with the National office technical specialists for quality implementation of Resilience &Livelihood projects.
- Ensure cross cutting themes are mainstreamed in Resilience &Livelihood projects.
- Ensure operational integration with other WV sectors in intervention areas such as Health, education and child protection.
- Work with CSDAs to ensure Registered Children and their households are participating and benefiting from health programme interventions.
Technical support and training
- Identify local level capacity needs and support capacity building activities for WVU staff and partners to improve the quality of resilience &Livelihoods
- Participate in development /adaption of training curriculum/manuals for implementation in the program area
- Mobilization and conducting trainings to build capacities of staff and partners on Resilience &Livelihood models
- Provide mentoring and coaching to Farmer organizations helping in strengthening their organizational and institutional capacities
- Identify technical experts to train partner with in training farmer organizations and community groups
- Liaise with the National Office technical specialists on staff capacity building in Resilience & Livelihood programming
Partnership and networking
- Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in implementation at the District level.
- Participate and represent WVU in key donor engagements and technical working forums at district, Region and National level when applicable
- Point of contact for consultation on issues to do with Resilience and Livelihood Cluster programming.
- Work closely with District initiatives through the District Cooperative alliance and Production department Office
Research, Documentation and Evidence building
- Effectively document all information related to project successes, innovations and promising practices and disseminate through appropriate mechanisms.
- Responsible for capturing child well-being indicators related to Resilience and Livelihood projects in the cluster
- Ensure identification of research areas, conduct research and document key learning
- Conduct information needs assessments in sustainable agriculture, value addition and marketing
- Spear head the Cluster Resilience & livelihood output & outcome monitoring processes
- Support processes of project baselines and evaluation of Resilience & Livelihood projects and interventions.
- Track and manage budgets allocated for the projects across assigned APs
- Produce timely, accurate, compliant and quality reports
- Participant in Cluster management meetings and reflection forums
- Support implementation of grants and PNs in area of operation
- Identify and initiate viable funding proposals for resource acquisition to support Resilience &Livelihood programme interventions.
- Participate in resource mobilization through concept papers/proposal writing for fund raising and market them with support offices and other donors
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in BSC Agriculture
- 5 years practical experience in food security programming including Natural resource management. At least three of which must have been involved in program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Good Training facilitation and coordination skills
- Experience in development of Proposals/concept papers development for fund raising
- Excellent Research, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Experience in conducting Needs assessment and report writing
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Highly motivated to achieve quality results and service
- Demonstrated accountability and integrity
- Ability to communicate effectively
- A good team player
- Ability to work with communities
- Willingness to stay upcountry
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and at least a minimum of one commonly used local language
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Gulu, Uganda