Job title: Team Leader – Gender Based Violence
Reporting to: Protection Manager
The Team Leader-Gender Based Violence (GBV) will oversee the overall day to day of GBV prevention and response interventions, including case management/psychosocial support, community mobilization for GBV prevention, capacity building and coordination with other sectors and actors. The GBV Team Leader will provide ongoing supervision, mentoring/coaching for team members to ensure that the goals and objectives of the program are met in a timely and effective manner, that the approach to program implementation is participatory, that team members receive appropriate support and that a positive team spirit is fostered, encouraging innovative and quality programming.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordination and representation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant stakeholders including UNHCR, other partners and community members,
- Mobilize stakeholders to participate in GBV coordination and risk mitigation meetings;
- Collaborate with other DRC sectors and operations personnel to ensure that the program is properly supported and that all project-related operational activities are conducted according to DRC HR, Logistics, Finance and other policies and procedures;
- In collaboration with the protection manager, promote and represent the interests of the GBV program with regards to all relevant stakeholders;
Project development and implementation
- Coordinate and monitor the overall implementation of GBV program activities in the settlement based on established indicators, including collecting and analyzing data and information for reporting;
- Supervise and support the day to day activities including case management/psychosocial support, follow-up and advocacy to meet beneficiaries’ needs, community mobilization to prevent GBV risks, build community capacity to prevent and respond to GBV incidents; Provide on-going direct supervision to GBV staff, including assisting in the development of individual work plans for GBV staff;
- Develop and monitor program plans, including activity, procurement and spending related to GBV prevention and response activities;
- Ensure safe and ethical GBV data collection and sharing based on agreed procedures and protocols;
- Contribute in the implementation of DRC’s AGD approach both in the team and within the community of beneficiaries;
- Make sure the GBVIMS/ GBV proGreV4 module is updated and shared with relevant stakeholders;
- Conduct regular meetings with team members and community members to assess progress toward objectives, discuss issues and assist in finding solutions to challenges identified;
- Ensure timely submission of activity reports on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and ensure proper filing;
Grants Management and Reporting
- Manage and oversee all GBV thematic grants; develop and maintain implementation and procurement plans for all projects.
- In collaboration with the Project Manager/Head of office prepare quality and timely monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Ensuring effective implementation of M&E systems throughout the lifetime of the project.
- Manage the project budget; oversee all budget expenditures and ensure they are allowable and allocable according to donor regulations; review monthly Budget Follow Up (BFU) and implementation tracking tool and collaborate with the Finance department to ensure accurate expenditures and reporting.
- Actively participate and prepare all documents in advance of the BFU and implementation tracking meetings.
Human Resource Management & Capacity Building
- Assist in the recruitment and training of GBV staff and community-based volunteers;
- With support from DRC HR, conduct staff performance evaluations for all GBV staff in a timely manner;
- Work with HR to ensure accuracy of all GBV program job descriptions for staff and their responsibilities;
- In collaboration with protection manager, design and monitor capacity building strategies for all GBV staff;
- Ensure staff support and debriefing processes are in place, and that staff safety planning is conducted and regularly updated;
- Monitor financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow ups.
- Liaise with DRC Administration, Logistics, and Finance Departments and the Project Manager/Head of Office to ensure smooth operation of the field office.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an entry to mid-level position, preferably in the field of humanitarian response and refugee protection, working for an international NGO, UN agency or relevant ministry or local authority.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Gender Based Violence (GBV) programing within humanitarian response
- Experience in refugee protection
- Experience in project management
- Strong inter-personal skills and Staff management skills
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office package
- Strong planning, organization and problem-solving skills with ability to work both independently and within a team in a demanding work environment
- Integrity, strong work ethic, and ability to consistently meet deadlines under pressure
- Experience of working in emergency and refugee camp setting
- A sensitive approach to external representation
- A University background degree in Social work, Sociology, Social Sciences, International Development and other relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the local languages spoken by spoken refugees is an added advantage.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Applications close on 20th August, 2022.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Uganda