With support from the US Government (USAID), IDI will be implementing a 5-year (2020–2025) Project-
Program for Accelerated Control of Tuberculosis in Karamoja (PACT-Karamoja). The project aims to increase
TB case detection and treatment success rates through health system strengthening in all districts of North Eastern sub-region of Uganda. In collaboration with key stakeholders in the region, PACT-Karamoja project will provide technical assistance to district health teams to deliver high impact and innovative interventions that are in line with current national and global TB guidelines in Karamoja region. USAID PACT-Karamoja will focus on regional and district structures for the management of drug susceptible TB , drug resistant TB and TB preventive services in the districts of Abim, Amudat, Kaabong, Karenga, Kotido, Moroto, Nabilatuk, Nakapiripirit and Napak.
The TB Technical Officer will ensure delivery of quality TB and TB-HIV care services in line with current national guidelines by providing technical and leadership support to health facility teams.
- Lead mentorship and training efforts to build capacity of facility teams to deliver high quality TB care services.
- Provide clinical care to TB and TB-HIV patients integrated health facilities in line with standard national TB care and management guidelines.
- Coordinate appropriate referral and management of complex patients through liaison with senior technical advisor and tertiary TB treatment centers.
- Lead performance monitor in initiatives and routine data use activities at all health facilities to guide implementation of project activities.
- Support the health workers to identify, implement and document continuous quality improvement activities along the TB diagnostic and treatment cascades.
- Collaborate with the community project team to improve facility efforts in following up patients towards better linkage, monitoring and retention in care.
- Collaborate with the M&E project team in supporting health facilities to compile and submit accurate HMIS and programmatic reports according to project, USG and Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health or related discipline with a Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Additional Training in TB and HIV care is an added advantage
- Full and active registration with the Uganda Allied Health Workers’ Council.
- Previous experience working with the public health care system is an added advantage.
- Up-to-date knowledge of TB and HIV care with over 3 years’ clinical experience.
- Good communication, organization and management skills
- Understands client confidentiality and exhibits high level of ethical conduct
- Good interpersonal skills and is able to work in teams.
- Has basic computer literacy including word processing, excel, internet and power point.
- Good understanding of district health systems.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Moroto, Moroto, Uganda