IDI has received a five-year transition award entitled USAID Local Partner Health Services-TB Activity. The purpose of the Award is to increase TB case detection and treatment success in Uganda to 90% of all cases and thus contribute to substantial reduction of Uganda’s TB burden by 2026. IDI will work through technical assistance to the national TB Program in the three districts of Kampala, Mukono and Wakiso and Regional Referral Hospitals to increase availability, accessibility and utilization of integrated TB/HIV and MDR-TB services.
The TB program Officer will ensure delivery of quality TB and TB-HIV care services in line with current national guidelines by providing technical and leadership support to health facility teams.
- Lead mentorship and training efforts to build capacity of facility teams to deliver high quality TB care services.
- Provide clinical care to TB and TB-HIV patients in targeted health facilities in line with standard national TB care and management guidelines.
- Coordinate appropriate referral and management of complex patients through liaison with STA and tertiary TB treatment units.
- Lead performance monitoring initiatives and routine data use activities at all health facilities to guide implementation of project activities.
- Support the health workers to identify, implement and document continuous quality improvement activities along the TB diagnostic and treatment cascades.
- Collaborate with the community project team to improve facility efforts in following up patients towards better linkage, monitoring and retention in care.
- Collaborate with the M&E project team in supporting health facilities to compile and submit accurate HMIS and programmatic reports according to project, USG and Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Support patient enrolment to the available TB-DSD modalities through capacity building of front line health workers, creating awareness amongst patients and evaluation of the quality of care for patients enrolled on TB-DSD.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time
Desirable Skills & Qualities
- Full and active registration with the Uganda Allied Health Workers’ Council.
- Previous experience working with the public healthcare system is an added advantage.
- Up-to-date knowledge of TB and HIV care with over three years of clinical experience.
- Good communication, organization and management skills
- Understands client confidentiality and exhibits high level of ethical conduct
- Good interpersonal skills and is able to work in teams.
- Has basic computer literacy including word processing, excel, internet and power point.
- Must hold a Diploma in Clinical Medicine or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in public health or related discipline is an added advantage
- Additional Training in TB and HIV care is an added advantage
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda