LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
LWF Uganda works closely with United Nations agencies (UNHCR, UNICEF, IOM, UNFPA, WFP), PRM, EU/ECHO, BFTW, etc. LWF Related and faith-based agencies and their back donors.
For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/WorldService.
The LWF Uganda Program is looking for qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position;
Job Title: Support Services Manager (SSM)
No. of Positions: One (1)
Duty Station: Lamwo Office
Reports To: Team Leader & a dotted line to Support Services Coordinator.
Responsible for: Admin/HR Assistant, Procurement Officer, Logistics Officer, IT Officer
Liaises with: SMT Lamwo, Support Services Team in Kampala, Sector Heads at SP Level
Reporting Date: ASAP
Deadline: Friday November 26, 2021 05:00pm
The Support Services Manager (SSM) will be responsible for strengthening support functions in Lamwo SP and leading the team that comprises Administration, HR, Procurement, Logistics, IT, and Security. The role also includes financial management of support services costs and ensuring high levels of accountability and donor compliance.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) participate in the management of the SP strategic issues;
- Supervise the officers carrying out Procurement, Human Resources, Logistics, Administration and IT;
- In collaboration with Team Leader and the SMT, address weaknesses in support services that are identified through regular check controls/review and audits;
- The SSM generates and submits monthly reports to the Support Services Coordinator at Kampala Office
- Supports Kampala HR office in the role out of SAGE Payroll/HR at SP level;
- Oversees and strengthens effective support services and procedures for HR management including recruitment, onboarding, growth and development of staff and teams;
- Promote an attractive working environment based on equality, caring attitudes, and integrity where staff feel safe, valued and respected;
- Ensure appraisal for all staff are done by November of each year and in collaboration with Managers, Supervisors and Head of Departments, support the implementation of development and training plan for staff in the first quarter of each year;
- Ensure that staff plan for their annual leave. The Support Services Manager needs to ensure that by the end of the year all staffs have taken they leave days;
- Ensure all new joiners have a proper induction, full documentation as per the LWF NSP;
- The SSM is leading disciplinary issue for Assistant positions and ensure appropriate action are taken.
Procurement & Asset Management
- Ensures procurements done at SP level are in line with the LWF Procurement manual and the Delegation Authority document;
- Supervises procurement staff who in collaboration with the Programme Team and budget holders prepare an annual procurement plan in line with the LWF Procurement Manual;
- Ensures procurement plans are updated on a quarterly basis;
- Revises all Procurement Plan done at SP level before submission to Kampala Team;
- Ensure the Procurement maintain required supporting documentation (paper train and electronic) that satisfy LWF’s, donor and audit standards, manuals and policies.
- Supervise the Logistics department to ensure a quality service;
- Manage the Inventory and maintenance of the Assets and ensure efficient asset and inventory management systems in line with the LWF Uganda Logistic Manual, including Donors Right of use agreements;
- Maintaining and updating of the Consolidated Fixed Asset Register;
- Liaise with the Logistics Manager to ensure that LWF assets at SP level are safeguarded through asset tagging. This includes the use of asset requisition and hand over forms for use by staff and ensuring that they are adhered to;
- Oversee, orient and supervise Stores staff;
- Managing the assets disposal for the Sub Program;
- Ensure all required documentations on vehicles are current and up to date (renewals on road worthiness, insurance etc.);
- Analyse monthly vehicle/Fleet reports before submission to Logistics Manager.
Finance & Donor Compliance
Contribute to Proposal development by including support service costs in funding applications.
Take up specific security management tasks as delegated by the Team Leader;
Take the lead in reviewing and updating of Subprogram Security Pack in accordance with the LWF Uganda Security Pack;
Ensure all new staff at Subprogram level and visitors receive thorough security briefings.
Line Management of staff:
Ensure all staff members under his/her line management have updated Job Descriptions, with well-defined expected outcomes and key performance indicators that are reviewed at least annually;
Build an effective and supportive team culture within the countrywide Support team;
Provide coaching and ongoing support to staff in order to achieve the best possible results as a team; manage relations and ensure balanced workloads to guarantee staff wellbeing.
Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Team Leader.
The applicant must possess a University Degree in Human Resource Management, Community Psychology, Business Administration, Procurement & Logistics or other relevant related field of study from an accredited institution; A Post Graduate training in Human Resource Management or Public Administration & Management, Procurement & Supply Chain Management; At least 3- 4 years’ experience in human resources/administration, Procurement & Logistics in a reputable organisation preferably an INGO; Computer literacy and knowledge of MIS/HRIS is essential.
Special Skills, Aptitude or Personality Requirements:
Problem Solving and Decision-Making skills; Ability to inspire and build capacity of national staff; Good interpersonal skills and excellent negotiation skills; Excellent English Language (both written and spoken); Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e.t.c.); Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines; Good team worker with good communication skills;
Ability to exercise sound judgment, to remain flexible to a changing environment, and to make decisions independently; High level of people management skills; High integrity, self-driven and willing to work hard under challenging circumstances, able to complete assignments with tight deadlines minimal supervision; Strong organization, supervisory, problem-solving, interpersonal, communication as well as team playing skills.
Online Applications should be addressed to;
LWF Uganda Office of Human Resources
Plot 1401, Ggabba Road, Nsambya
P.O Box 5827, Kampala- Uganda
Tel: +256 (0) 393 264 006/7/8
LWF/DWS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. Persons with disabilities, non-Ugandans with valid work permits and Female candidates possessing the above requirements are encouraged to apply. LWF/DWS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Please note, we will contact your supervisors for the last 3 positions held for reference checks.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Lamwo, Lamwo, Uganda