Hours: Regular Full-time, 40 hours per week; Not Eligible for Overtime
Location: Based in Gulu, Uganda
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Supply Chain Management Advisor
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/
URC has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world.
With the RHITES-N Acholi Project (Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Northern Uganda – Acholi), USAID will continue its support of the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) efforts to improve access to and use of health services in the country’s post-conflict northern region. RHITES-N Acholi Project activities will build on USAID investments and national advances to increase access to and use of high-quality integrated services that accelerate the ability and capacity to respond to the specific health needs of residents in the Acholi sub-region, leveraging the URC-ASSIST project successes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Supply Chain Specialist is a full-time position and will be based in Gulu, Uganda. S/he will support the 8 districts in Acholi region to promote sustained, region wide access to health commodities (ARVs, Family health, Family Planning, Laboratory, Essential medicines, TB commodities, Nutritional and WASH commodities by enhancing internal systems, processes, and synergies – with a focus on project management initiatives that involve direct management of supply chain functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and advance integration of supply planning data across the region.
- Support Medicines Management Supervisors and collaborate with district teams on Supply Chain Quality improvement projects, order management and delivery.
- Support efforts to ensure timely requisition order entry by Bisotatisticians against established lead times and validated supply plans (proactive order management process).
- Monitor adherence to lead times and adherence to protocol for emergency orders
- Promote optimization and continual improvement of lead time calculation, proactive order management processes and promote knowledge sharing among Supply Chain teams
- Support the design, development and promotion of tools and processes for enhanced commodity security at district and HF levels.
- Promote efforts to enhance data visibility of district-specific commodity data and promote integration of this data with active requisition order data.
- Leverage information from existing platforms such as DHIS2, PIP/SPARS, Procurement Planning and Monitoring Tracker, RASS and enhance integration of these platforms to inform on commodity needs.
- Monitor trends from M&E teams for areas impacting commodity security.
- Participate in routine M&E reviews of district supply chain metrics; prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly reports on key supply chain indicators and implement timely corrective and preventive actions on gaps;
- EM, ART, PFM, LAB, TB SPARS coverage
- EM, ART, PFM, LAB, TB SPARS improvement
- Rxsolution functionality
- RASS reporting rates
- Commodity availability by commodity group
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- A degree in Pharmacy OR Supply chain/logistics OR Public health OR management-related discipline OR Diploma in Pharmacy with relevant management related discipline
- Minimum five years of experience in supply chain management or international health programming or other related area
- Knowledge and ability in data programming applications
- Knowledge and ability in dashboard applications
- Experience working with USAID funded mechanisms.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Demonstrates resourcefulness, problem-solving skills, initiative to learn and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
- Organizational and planning skills, and ability to prioritize workloads
- Ability to multitask
- Communications skills both verbally and in writing
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management programs
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Gulu, Uganda