To conduct clinical patient assessment, provide medical care and treatment to clients and their care takers, and contribute to continuous professional development in line with the Baylor-Uganda medical and psychosocial needs.
- Provide clinical assessment and evaluation of health or illnesses of study participants and give proper individualized care and treatment in line with Baylor Uganda Clinical Policies and study protocol.
- Conduct pre-screening and recruitment procedures of eligible participants, and address challenges affecting participant recruitment.
- Provide study information, appropriate health-related advice, health education and counselling to patients and their caregivers.
- Conduct the informed consent process and obtain informed consent/assent for study participations in line with protocol, SOPs, IRB, UNCST and GCP guidelines and SOPs.
- Monitor adverse drug reactions, disease progression and community follow up and provide appropriate management including referral of complicated cases to higher levels of management in line with Baylor Uganda Clinical Policies and SOPs.
- Perform investigations on patients, follow up results then trace and initiate patients with critical results on appropriate treatment and/or refer to them for higher levels of management as per Baylor Uganda related Clinical Policies and SOPs
- Prepare and present at case review conferences, radiology sessions, mortality audit and organizational continued medical education sessions as per clinicians’ schedule to promote in continuous professional development in line with Baylor Uganda Clinical Policies and SOPs.
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs), data collection tools, source documents, and participant flow charts to ensure adherence to the study protocol and ministry of health guidelines.
- Register the microbiology laboratory results, trace patients with critical laboratory results and make monthly reports on these results in line with Baylor Uganda Clinical Policies and SOPs.
- Prepare and submit quarterly activity work plans and periodic reports to the Trial Manager in line with Medical Care Department.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- ·Bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery or equivalent from a recognized institution and must be registered with the Uganda Medical and dental practitioners Council.
- At least three years of experience in clinic or hospital-based services with experience in managing HIV/AIDS clients.
- 3 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda