The VTEU study aims to determine the relationship between dihydroartemisinic (DHA) exposures following intravenous dosing and markers of physiologic dysfunction associated with severe malaria in children aged 6 months to 14 years.
The coordinator will supervise and train study nurses and research assistants to implement the research protocol. Roles will generally include: Study protocol development, manage regulatory submissions, and develop standard operating procedures, participant identification and recruitment, data management, biological specimen collection, inventory management, shipment.
- Assisting Principal investigators with implementation of study protocols, planning and problem-solving at IDI study site.
- Assist the senior study coordinators in the setting-up and maintenance of regulatory approvals for the various protocols.
- Contribute to the setting-up, maintaining and documenting regular communication within the study site.
- Coordinate various aspects of the study including but not limited to; data collection, study log maintenance, data entry, biological specimen collection, storage and shipment at all study sites, including those located in Uganda.
- Participate in various study procedures including consent, enrolment, biological specimen collection and follow-up of study participants
- Participate in quality assurance and quality control of study data collected.
- Supervise research nurses and study assistants and ensure that they achieve the objectives of the study as indicated in the protocol following the stipulated standard operating procedures.
- Conduct ongoing performance reviews with direct reports as well as IDI-required performance appraisals.
- Participate in the drafting of study progress and performance reports.
- Participate in the development of materials and training of study staff to implement study procedures.
- Participate in the procurement of study equipment and sundries
- Participate in administration of study financial resources in accordance with IDI’s guidelines.
- Contribute to the administration of study materials and resource inventory.
- Contribute to the writing of scientific abstracts, papers or any other dissemination material from the study.
- Attend relevant Research and Prevention Care and Treatment department meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical medicine and surgery or related field with a relevant Master’s degree is required.
- Previous experience working as a researcher in a coordination role for at least 2 years will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and training in Good Clinical Practice and Human Subjects research is required.
Required experience and skills
- Good interpersonal skills, organizational skills, strong service ethic, sensitivity to patients, professionalism, and attention to detail are required.
- Demonstrable knowledge and extensive previous experience in clinical research is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office application.
- Experience in working
- Paediatric experience is an added advantage.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Uganda