Hours: Regular Full-time, 40 hours per week; Not Eligible for Overtime
Location: Based in Gulu, Uganda
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Supply Chain Management Advisor
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/
URC has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world.
With the RHITES-N Acholi Project (Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Northern Uganda – Acholi), USAID will continue its support of the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) efforts to improve access to and use of health services in the country’s post-conflict northern region. RHITES-N Acholi Project activities will build on USAID investments and national advances to increase access to and use of high-quality integrated services that accelerate the ability and capacity to respond to the specific health needs of residents in the Acholi sub-region, leveraging the URC-ASSIST project successes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Stores and Logistics Officer is a full-time position and will be based in Gulu, Uganda. S/he will serve as the overall stores management officer to the RHITES-N, Acholi Activity and will provide direct stores management function to ensure effective control, safety and appropriate storage of all supplies that transit through the project stores. S/he will regularly provide the vital stock information needed to carry out forecasting, quantification, procurement planning, ordering, reporting, storage, and general supplies management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance to stock management procedures (documentation, filling and identification).
- Ensure the integrity of the stores area is maintained at all times.
- Undertake day to day management of stores, receive requests and seek approval prior to release of items from the store
- Ensure accurate documentation and accountability of all stores (in and out) transactions
- Review invoices from vendors and ensure completeness before submitting them to finance for payment.
- Carry out quality checks on supplier deliveries/goods to ensure they meet required contract specifications.
- Manage Stores Inventory including managing stock records (DN, GRN, GIO, etc.), keeping stocks reconciled at all times.
- Monitor stock levels and item expiry dates and advise user departments on items that close to reorder levels.
- Ensure correct documentation and record keeping of all received and dispatched supplies and consumables to the districts
- Conduct monthly physical stock count and ensure that stock cards are created, up-to-date, and accurate; report variances immediately for investigation and corrective action.
- Prepare and submit weekly stock status updates and monthly Stores management activities reports
- Establishing an effective filling system for maintaining the department records.
- Maintain and update records of assets and store Inventories/Items for distribution.
- Maintain an updated tracker for stores stock status.
- Support in tracking of purchase requests for program staff.
- Support in planning for the required administrative resources and equipment’s and ensure their availability and proper utilization.
- Ensure up to date, secured and insured assets & inventory / stores; registers.
- Ensure the stores area is kept clean and tidy and free from hazards
- Observe all required safety precautions in the stores; to safeguard both stored items and personnel moving into the stores.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- A degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in providing technical support for improved management of stores and supply chain with preferred experience in logistics management.
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with NGOs, districts and health facilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Stores and logistics management
- Technical knowledge in IT inventory packages
- Organizational and planning skills, and ability to prioritize workloads
- Ability to multitask
- Communications skills both verbally and in writing
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in stores environment
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Gulu, Uganda