Job Title: Station Manager –
Reports to: Managing Director
Church of Uganda Family TV is a Christian ministry based Television platform. The one year station’s programming is available on Free-To-Air (FTA), and GOTV and StarTimes. English is the main broadcasting language. We are a fast-growing television station serving a unique and untapped market segment of “holistic family” that seeks to consume family-focused content with a social and economic development dimension. Family TV offices and studio are located in the business district of Kampala, at Church House, 13th Floor.
To be the regions most acclaimed model Family TV
To bring to every home the very best in family-friendly programs with a Christian focus that the whole family will enjoy together.
Station Manager Job Description
The Station Manager is responsible for the overall running of the station. He/She’s roles include working closely with the Managing Director to develop and steer the station’s strategy and objectives, giving direction to all departments through heads of departments, and delivering a finished product to clients and the audience. The Station Manager ensures that the station remains in compliance with UCC regulations, and other platforms through which the Station broadcasts, including creating all other internal protocols for management.
The specific roles of the Station Manager include the following:
● Develop and implement the station’s strategic direction in close collaboration with the Managing Director
● Implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, or procedures in conjunction with departmental heads.
● Direct administrative and operational activities related to content generation, and product development, transmission, pricing, sales and marketing.
● Ensure preparation of staff work schedules and assign specific duties.
● Review activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or content improvement.
● Perform personnel functions, such as selection, training, or evaluation of staff.
● Direct or coordinate financial or budget activities to fund operations, maximize content investments, and/or increase efficiency.
● Plan or direct activities, such as sales promotions, marketing drives, that require coordination with other department managers.
● Oversee product-marketing strategies, including advertising campaigns or sales promotions for execution by the sales and marketing team
● Liaise with stakeholders to ensure a positive relationship is maintained. This includes but is not limited to staff, associations, regulators, content providers, DTT, cable, and satellite providers
● A University degree in Mass Communication, Broadcasting Engineering or a related field
● A strong understanding of the foundational principles of broadcast journalism
● A firm understanding of the technical and legal/ethical issues of running a television station
● Good leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
● At least 2 years working experience as a Station Manager or 5 years as a Content Manager at a TV station
● Experience with the production process is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
● Knowledge of UCC regulations and standards.
● Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
● Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
● Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
● Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
● Employee development and performance management skills.
● Ability to utilize advertising and/or sales promotion techniques.
● Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
● Knowledge of marketing and development strategies, techniques, processes, and available resources.
● Knowledge and understanding of all facets of state-of-the-art broadcasting and satellite operations, methods, techniques, facilities, and equipment.
● Knowledge and understanding of developing technological, regulatory, and environmental issues and trends in public and educational broadcasting.
● Knowledge and understanding of the mission and goals of family and public television broadcasting.
● Knowledge of digital television technology and conversion strategies and processes.
● Integrated knowledge of television broadcast operations, programming, production, and marketing.
How to get in touch
The application is open till 30th November 2021 at 6:00 pm.
Send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Church of Uganda Family TV, Station Manager Application.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda