Job title: Stakeholder Engagement- Gender Inclusion Coordinator
Position in the organisation
Reports to Social Head (n+1); LSOC Manager (n+2)
Direct subordinates (number): n/a
Staff managed (number) : n/a
Missions / Job dimensions
The EACOP Project comprises 1143 km of a heated crude oil pipeline from Hoima in Uganda to Tanga in Tanzania arriving at a marine storage terminal and offloading facility.
Women and girls are known to be disproportionately and differently affected than men and boys by adverse business-related human rights impacts. As a responsible company, EACOP is launching a Gender and Inclusion Impact Assessment focused on Project Risks and impacts and to provide guidance to better understand the gendered nature of potential impacts within the Project Affected communities in Uganda.
The Gender Inclusion Coordinator shall therefore manage the implementation of EACOP Gender and Inclusion Strategy and coordinate EACOP activities aiming at achieving gender equality, equal access to information and participation to Project activities and empowering women and girls in EACOP practices (in line with UN SDG 5) during pre-construction and construction phases.
- The Stakeholder Engagement- Gender Inclusion Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of gender equality and women’s empowerment in EACOP activities. This entails:
- The management of EACOP Gender and Inclusion Impact Assessment, from its development to the implementation of the EACOP Uganda Gender and Inclusion Strategy including monitoring and evaluation
- The participation into the development of EACOP Uganda policies and procedures to ensure inclusion of gender aspects
- The development and promotion of gender inclusion programs in the EACOP LSOC activities in Uganda and within the Project in general (incl. development of focus group discussions, promotion of women recruitment, participation of Ugandan women owned businesses..) aiming at advancing gender equality and female empowerment
- The identification of activities aiming at fighting against Gender Based Violence within EACOP area of Influence, in particular through partnerships with relevant organisations/institutions
- Establish and maintain active relationships and liaisons with Government counterparts, multi/bilateral donors, civil society organizations, institutes and academia on gender equality and women’s issues to strengthen key alliances and partnerships, enhance collaboration and promote EACOP as a agent of change in the field of Gender
- Prepare analytical and regular progress report on EACOP performance on gender issues
- Participate into gender related grievances resolution
- Represent EACOP at conference and events related to Gender matters
- Produce communications products such as articles, fact sheets, stories …documenting EACOP gender inclusion activities
Context and environment
Stakeholder Engagement- Gender Inclusion Coordinator will be based in Kampala with regular travel to project sites
- She/he is responsible for ensuring the integration of gender in EACOP Uganda policies and practices
- She/he is responsible for the development of EACOP Uganda Gender and Inclusion Impact Assessment
- She/he is responsible for the reporting on EACOP contributions to EACOP activism against Gender Based Violence
Qualifications and Required Experience
- Advanced degree in Social Sciences, Social Policy, Social Anthropology, International law or Human Rights law, Human Resource or Labour Resource Management or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in linear construction and extractives industry
- Experience of regular interfacing with and undertaking field oversight of implementation of Gender policies
- Experience working with and engaging senior government officials.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain good relations with stakeholders including government authorities, local communities, industry partners, CSOs/NGOs and international organizations
- Proven ability to multitask, work independently, manage significant workload and competing demands whilst meeting deadlines
- Negotiation and conflict management skills
- Excellent computer; report writing and analytical skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) required
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda