Job Title: Social Worker – DI Mpigi
Location: Mpigi District
Reports to: Project Manager – Mpigi DI Project
- To provide a comprehensive social work service to children and families in need
- To carry out child and family assessments for children in and out of care
- To safely reintegrate children in care into families
- To work in partnership with children and families
- To take responsibility for a caseload according to qualifications and experience
Key External Contacts:
Sub-county and Parish local government officials, social workers and project coordinator level staff in other NGO’s, CBOs, FBOs, Founders/Funders of Child Care institutions, Networks of Community Volunteers/Para-social workers, the Probation & Social Welfare Officer, the District Community Development Officer
Key Internal Contacts:
Project Manager, Senior Practitioners, Social Workers across different projects, MEAL team, Finance team, CAF team, and the Safeguarding Lead
Key responsibilities and duties
- To carry a complex child and family workload, which includes children in care, children in need, child protection, and caregivers
- To participate in regular supervision with the Project Manager and to ensure that the project manager is made aware of any issues of major importance or concern.
- To work on own initiative, managing and prioritizing own workload under the direction of the supervisor.
- To undertake appropriate training.
- To carry out the full range of assessments and plans within the organization’s timescales and standards.
- To attend team meetings and contribute to team development.
- To maintain individual case records including updating the case management system in accordance with the Organization’s guidance and procedures.
- Establish effective links with the media and participate in filming and social media activities that promote CiF and partners
- To develop innovative solutions to intractable family problems
- Manage resources effectively including money, equipment and stock allocated to you.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and Social Administration
- Post qualifying experience covering assessment; report writing; ability to form trusting relationships; case planning, implementation and review, managing a complex caseload, working with communities, local governments and authorities and partners.
- Previous work experience relating to OVC programming.
- Child development, theories of attachment and loss, Alternative care, child protection and safeguarding
- Government policies: National Child Policy, Foster care guidelines, Uganda National Alternative Care Guidelines
- Legislation in relation to OVC, alternative care and adoption
- Basic IT systems knowledge required
- Commitment to learning and keeping up to date.
- Flexibility to adapt to new roles, tasks and situations
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in a crisis
- Strong observation, analytical and listening skills
- Ability to negotiate and mediate on behalf of children and families
- Good organizational skills to work with minimum supervision and plan meetings for the caseload of clients
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, including written and verbal
- Negotiation, conflict resolution and advocacy skills
- Able to demonstrate anti-discriminatory practice in all areas of work
- A strong and determined commitment to getting best results for children
- Motivated and independent
- A team player
- Well organized, flexible and clear thinking
- Patient, empathetic, persistent and diplomatic
- Willingness to participate in media activities to promote advocacy and fundraising
- Willingness and ability to travel and stay away from home overnight as required
- Be able to speak at least one of the local languages in the area
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), only and names and contact details of three referees as a single document** to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. E-mail applications should bear the name and the position in the subject line of the email
All applications should be submitted not later than November 26, 2021 by 5 pm.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Mpigi, Mpigi, Uganda