To Plan and coordinate UBOS transport functions for effective and efficient service delivery.
• Prepare monthly vehicle status and fleet performance report in accordance with the transport policy Authorize vehicle movement permit and deploy drivers in accordance with approved itineraries.
• Carry out pre & post inspection of UBOS vehicles to effective and timely maintenance of UBOS vehicles.
• Pre-inspection of vehicles for hire to ascertain road worthiness.
• Prepare disposal and replacement plan for UBOS vehicles
• Update and maintain the fuel UBOS register.
• Mentor, supervise and appraise UBOS drivers in accordance to HR manual
• A diploma in Mechanical or Automotive engineering is A MUST
• A Bachelor’s Degree Honors in Mechanical or automotive engineering, Transport Economics, Business Management and Social Sciences, Must have passed Maths and English at Ordinary level with a Credit Practical knowledge using computerized fleet management systems is an added advantage
• Professional Membership: Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Management, UIPE will be an added advantage.
• Experience in management of fleet at least 30 vehicles is essential from a public institution or large reputable organisation Working knowledge of Government of Uganda Vehicle Management regulation is Be able to appreciate diversity and possess excellent team building and management skills
Competencies and knowledge:
• Good analytical skills Problem solving and report writing skills Good knowledge of existing National Traffic laws and regulations, procedures on transport matters
• Excellent interpersonal, people management, and team
• playing skills.
• Communication skills
• Problem solving skills and
• Exemplary and honest character, spotless integrity, energy, dynamism
• Passionate, high energy drive, a balanced ego and the
• drive to achieve results
• Highly coordination, resourceful and professional drive.
• Essential Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the required profile, please see the job details on the UBOS Website and submit your application through the online application system available on the UBOS Website: Click Here to Apply Not Later than close of business on the, 19 July, 2022 at 5pm. Hardcopies shall not be accepted. All applicants must attach relevant soft copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF copies maximum 10MB).
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. All tendered in documents shall be verified with the relevant authorities. Any falsification of documents will lead to prosecution and any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Uganda bureau of statistics is an all equal employment opportunity organisation.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda