IDI submitted an application for a proposed five-year transition Award, Defeat TB entitled USAID Local Partner Health Services-Central Region. The purpose of the Award is to increase TB case detection and treatment success in Uganda to 90% of all cases and thus contribute to substantial reduction of Uganda’s TB burden by 2026. IDI will work through technical assistance to the national TB Program in the three districts of Kampala, Mukono and Wakiso and Regional Referral Hospitals to increase availability, accessibility and utilization of integrated TB/HIV and MDR-TB services.
The Senior Technical Advisor will directly assist the Project Director in the design, implementation and monitoring of high impact TB control interventions.
- Design and lead innovations to improve districts, health facilities and their served communities’ capacity to deliver high quality, high impact TB health interventions and services.
- Work with the NTLP to identify and address priority technical and programmatic gaps in increasing TB treatment coverage and treatment success of all forms of TB.
- Work with NTLP and district structures to improve uptake and completion of TB preventive therapy nationally and within KWM.
- Develop approaches to improve monitoring and support supervision, in collaboration with the NTLP and KWM district health teams.
- Strengthen capacity for application of QI methods to improve TB service delivery processes and outcomes including use of cascade monitoring for TB control.
- In collaboration with the M&E and Operations Research teams, facilitate documentation and sharing of learning generated from KWM, regional referral hospital teams, regional mechanisms and operations research.
- Represent the project and contribute towards MoH regional TB, TB/HIV and MDR/XRD TB working groups while maintaining communication with the project leadership
- Lead the development of annual, quarterly, monthly project work plans
- Work with the SMELA in the compilation of periodic project reports
- Supervise project technical staff as required in line with Institutional guidelines
- A Master’s Degree in Medicine, Public Health and three (3) years of professional
experience delivering TB or TB/HIV services
- A Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of professional exposure working in mid to senior management position (in addition to the below requirement of seven years)
- A minimum of seven years’ experience progressively increasing responsibility working for successful TB technical assistance programs
- Detailed knowledge of current TB, TB/HIV and DR-TB landscape in Uganda, the health care system, Ministry of Health policies, regulations and program priorities
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in service quality improvement and operational research approaches
- Experience and expertise in designing and implementing successful facility- and community-based integrated health services
- Experience in successfully engaging the private sector
- Experience in integration of gender and youth analysis into health projects and services
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of management expertise and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to develop and maintain effective, sustainable working relationships with national and international working partners and to accomplish reporting requirements.
- Ability to analyse, understand and discuss new program design, management and implementation approaches.
- Demonstrated experience in onsite training, mentorship and QI coaching approaches
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda