Program / Department Summary
The position is part of the HR Department which is responsible for recruitment. The department supports all field offices. This position will support these offices in the full recruitment cycle.
General Position Summary
The Senior Talent Acquisition Officer supports the overall contributions of the HR team to Mercy Corps Uganda, specifically by ensuring timely and efficient recruitment of employees. The role will be responsible for sourcing candidates and developing networks, screening and scheduling candidate interviews, collecting documentation, validating and substantiating applicant data.
Essential Job Functions
HR Records and data base Management
- Identify MC internal vacancies and ensure the available PDs in line with MC grading and in agreement with the HRD on strategic fillings of these vacancies.
- Custodian for all PDs.
- Maintain the Talent Acquisition tracker of assignments and report to the HR team.
- Initiate the review process for all HR recruitment documents from start to completion.
- Responsible for the recruitment function of the HCM.
- Understand and advice the hiring Managers’ requirements, preferences and timeframes and coordinate these with the HR team and other stakeholders.
- Maintain a talent pool or talent bank for all potential candidates in all position categories.
- Identify potential graduate and intern trainees to support all program and operations in collaboration with the Human Resource Director.
- Respond to all unsuccessful candidates on their status after the pre-selection stage.
- Apply innovative sourcing methodologies and participate in various activities such as campus visits, job fairs, conferences etc. to generate candidate referrals and networks while also using social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
- Circulate all job advertisements to all field offices and follow up on posting to notice boards and other online job boards.
- Support talent initiatives by working closely with HR team members.
- Screen resumes matching with required skills as per the job advert posted and shortlist candidates for interviews.
- Schedule and coordinate interviews for candidates with hiring team and interview panel.
- Provide updates to the HR team on a weekly basis regarding status for all ongoing recruitments.
- Seek feedback from hiring managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
Policy and Compliance
- Adhere to Mercy Corps Policies and Procedures for Human Resources as stipulated in the Mercy Corps Field Administration and National Policy manual.
Salary and Compensation
- Responsible for updating the salary scale and grading levels in line with MC organization decisions.
- Reviewing and advice on compensation and salary grading anomalies.
- Leads the salary compensation process through the salary compensation worksheet.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Reports Directly to: Human Resource Director
Works Directly with: All staff
Ethics and Integrity
All Mercy Corps staff member are expected to behave ethically and demonstrate highest integrity in their professional and personal life. Mercy Corps has zero tolerance to any form of fraud, corruption, abuse, harassment or exploitation. Any breach of our policies or misconduct will lead to disciplinary action or may lead to termination.
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource, Industrial Psychology, Social Sciences, or Business/ Public Administration. A post graduate qualification in Human Resource Management is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 7 years HR Management experience with 4 of these in the recruitment function.
- Proven track record of success in a recruiting role, having had responsibility for screening, interviewing and hiring for multiple positions across different geographical regions concurrently in a record time.
- Sound knowledge of recruitment tools and strategies.
- Knowledge and networks in the International Development sphere along with knowledge of competitors.
- Knowledge and experience in data analytics for recruitment is desirable.
- Exceptional standard of written and oral communications skills.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Good negotiation, representation skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse team.
- Strong ability to innovatively solve problems.
- Excellent MS Office & Excel skills
In particular, the successful candidate will be willing to travel (25%) to locations according to the needs of the Mercy Corps program. This will mean sometimes staying and working in stressful environments with very basic living conditions, strictly following security protocols at all times and sometimes working long and irregular hours.
Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps’ policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Closes:20th Sept 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda