MTN Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the following Position;
Job Title: Senior Specialist – Radio Planning & Optimization
Reports to: Senior Consultant – RAN Planning & Optimization
No. of Vacancies: 1
Main Job Functions:
- Consolidation of capacity requirements for 2G, 3G, LTE, WiMAX, Wi-Fi from the business and site performance KPIs.
- Consolidate regional coverage requirements for 2G/3G/LTE/WIMAX/WIFI/5G from Marketing, Sale & Distribution, Customer Service, Radio Planning and other stakeholders for inclusion in the annual budget cycle.
- Ensuring that site physical parameters are strategically positioned to meet the predetermined business targets and counter competition.
- Ensuring all network related regulatory and group key performance indicator targets are met through liasing with OEM and Managed Services partners
- Follow up on site rollout projects for 2G, 3G, LTE, WiMAX, Wi-Fi to ensure that drive tests, configuration and performance checks are properly done.
- Evaluation of new equipment like new BTSs, Node Bs, antennas, eNodeBs, new RRUs
- Evaluation of new RAN network solutions and technologies such as OPENRAN, network sharing, refarming, spectrum sharing.
- Play a supervisory role for major RAN projects such as modernization and site build in terms of the site performance.
- Generation of reports on 2G/3G/LTE/WiMAX/Wi-Fi sites performance
- Bachelors’ degree from a recognized University in any of these fields; Electrical / Telecommunications Engineering
- Project management approach such as Prince II or PMBOK an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in radio planning and optimisation which must include:
- Experience across diverse OEM vendors such as ZTE, HUAWEI, ERICSSON
- Experience working with subcontractors to deliver on assigned works
- Experience working with radio planning tools such as ASSET, MAPINFO, google earth
- Strong understanding of different radio network configurations for 2G, 3G, WIFI, WIMAX, LTE
- Project Management
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of radio propagation principles and techniques
- Knowledge of the end- to -end basic telecommunications network
- Project Management Skills
- 1 year driving experience
- Ability to climb and access difficult physical terrain.
- Advanced Supervisory skills
- Flexibility and Agility regarding problem solving and working hours.
- Planning and organizational skills
- Communication/reporting skills (verbal and written)
- Drive test skills
- Radio Access Network Design, Planning and implementation training (2G,3G,4G,5G, WIMAX)
- Survey skills
- Project management skills
- Vendor management skills – OEM Vendors
- GSM Systems Survey
- WCDMA Capacity Assessment and Improvement Solution
- LTE Network Planning, Design and Dimensioning
- Advanced Cell Planning Training – Small cell, macro cell, pico cells
- Advanced Planning Principles
- Defensive driving skills
- Agile, Design Thinking, Scrum
- Supervisory training
MTN Uganda Limited has the obligation to safeguard its employees through providing a working environment that is safe and without risk to the health of its employees. MTN has a Vaccination policy for all its employees to be fully vaccinated against MTN Covid-19 in order to work from its offices and premises. Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda