dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit a Senior Software Developer in the Change and Innovation (CCIO) Domain. Details are as below:
REPORTING TO: Head- Product Development and Innovation
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Head- Product Development and Innovation, the role holder will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining the existing information systems as well as complex business application products. A Senior Software Developer can make architectural decisions and keeps security and performance in mind.
- Drive Technical projects and provide expert knowledge in development, architecture, and security.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with focus on overall product quality and user experience.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain (Level 2), improve software and be responsible for technical solutions to data quality and workflow challenges.
- Evaluate and improve the security of internal tools and systems.
- Ensure our systems and tools incorporate secure development policies and practices.
- Determine the operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Supporting and developing software engineers, analysts, and testers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Engineering, Mathematics, or another related field.
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Technology will be an added advantage.
- Experience with computer programming.
- Experience in Agile Methodologies.
- A total of 8 years’ experience, with 4 years of job-related experience, and 4 years of experience as a Software Developer/Engineer focusing on delivery of complex projects for a financial/technology institution.
- 3+ years of development experience with Azure products and services.
- Experience in any of the following: web/mobile application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed/parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, systems/security software development.
- Advance experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with popular open-source programming languages JAVA and PHP 5.
- Proficiency in developing and troubleshooting complex software systems that run in mixed environments including Linux, UNIX and/or Windows on desktop, server, tablet, and mobile systems.
- Demonstrated ability to link and apply complex technologies to business strategies & a high proficiency in Information and Communication Technology.
- Strong skills in business process analysis and redesign and the ability to solve complex business problems.
- Strong understanding of banking operations, FinTech, and product development trends.
- Familiarity with the financial services industry in Uganda.
- Strong understanding and experience in digital banking services.
- Experience with running test & learn methodologies, such as Multi-variant testing.
- Ability to manage cooperation with third-party vendors.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a sense of urgency, positive attitude, and the ability to excel in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Open and collaborative style; must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged.
- Energy and enthusiasm; must find the work “fun” and enjoy being accountable and willing to hold others accountable.
- Excellent communications and engagement skills.
- Strong leadership/influential skills.
- Strong attention to detail and personal effectiveness.
- High-level of integrity and strong entrepreneurial skills.
- Strong skills at relationship building.
- Self-drive and initiative.
- Strong leader with soft-power skills.
- Flexible working hours.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Monday 29th November 2021 to the email address indicated below:
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300469.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda