Number of Vacancies: One (1)
Reports To: Secretary-General
Job Purpose: To provide overall leadership to the Communications and Public Relations function of the Organization.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To represent the Communications and International Relations Office in strategic fora in IRCU and beyond.
- To assist in strategic planning, budgeting, implementation, accountability, and reporting on Communications and International Relations.
- To oversee the implementation of IRCU’s Communications Policy.
- To monitor and review the coverage of the organization in the media through press conferences, articles, press releases, radio, and T.V. programs.
- To take lead in the development and implementation of Communication Strategies and plans in collaboration with the programmes.
- To serve as secretariat to the office of the Secretary-General in all communications fora of IRCU.
- To write news articles, reports and periodicals
- Supervise staff, assess performance and identify training needs, and recommend appropriate training.
Required Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Public Relations or Journalism from a reputable institution.
- At least 5 years of work experience in Public Relations in a reputable organization three (2) of which must be at a supervisory level.
- Qualifications in graphics and design will be an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including effective writing skills
- Self-confidence, drive, competence, and a willingness to learn
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task Creativity, imagination, and initiative
- Good teamwork, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Business awareness and a good knowledge of current affairs
- The ability to think strategically, for planning successful Public Relations campaigns
- Computer literacy
HOW TO APPLY
Evidenced work experience shall be required for all positions. Female qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. All positions are based at the Secretariat with frequent upcountry travels.
To view the detailed job descriptions, visit our website http://www.ircu.or.ug/opportunities
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter indicating 3 referees, one of whom should have been a direct supervisor.
You are required to submit a letter of recommendation from a religious leader from your place of worship.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The application deadline is 31st May, 2022 at 5:00p.m.
Inter-Religious Council of Uganda is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda