Position Title : Senior Operations Assistant (Field Support)
Reference No : VN/UG/002/2023
Duty Station : Kyaka, Uganda
Classification : General Service (G6)
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 31 st January 2023
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Since the inception of IOM in 1951, Movement Operations have been and continue to be a fundamental pillar of the Organization’s work. The organized movement of persons in need of international migration assistance is a primary mandate of the Organization and a cornerstone of IOM’s operations. This mandate has resulted in the international transport of more than 15 million migrants and refugees worldwide. Movement Operations departments in various IOM missions, coordinated under the division of Resettlement and Movement Management (RMM) in the Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE) at IOM’s Geneva Headquarters, are responsible for all aspects of travel for migrants and refugees under IOM’s auspices, in accordance with the various framework agreements with resettlement and receiving Governments and partners across the spectrum of the Organization’s programmes.
Under overall supervision of Head of Operations of GLWCA and in close coordination with the National Movement Operations Officer, and the direct supervision of the Operations Associate, the Senior Operations Assistant (Field Support) is responsible for supervising movement operations activities in the field.
Required Qualifications and Experience Education
• University degree in Political or Social Sciences, Education or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience; OR • High school diploma with six years of relevant professional experience.
• Prior Movement Operations, transportation-related and/or management experience a strong advantage. • Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders; • Experience in leading interactive training seminars or orientation sessions for youth and adults.
• Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills; • Attention to details; • Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Packages (Office, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, Outlook) Languages • Fluency in English • Working Knowledge of French is advantageous
How to apply:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience. Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31st January 2023. Reference Number and Position Title: VN/UG/002/2023 – Senior Operations Assistant (Field Support) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Posting period: From: 17 th -31st January 2023
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda