PAU/LCA/073/400: SENIOR OFFICER, CORPORATE AFFAIRS (1 VACANCY)
11.1 JOB SUMMARY
The Senior Officer, Corporate Affairs will support the development of creative and proactive Public Relations collateral for key internal and external stakeholders. This includes internal and external slide presentations for engagements/events, ensuring the delivery of high impact of key internal and external engagements, development of relevant publications, promoting and maintaining the consistent brand visibility of the Authority, and active digital presence on several platforms.
11.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- a) Promote the visibility of the PAU brand through coordinating branding of the Authority’s corporate office spaces, activities, and events (national and international), and production of concepts for branded and promotional material
- b) Support proactive and reactive internal employee communications, to ensure consistency on-brand, and corporate
- c) Coordinate and/ or organize workshops, conferences, and other engagements for key stakeholders by the Authority, or jointly with other key
- d) Develop, edit and/or coordinate the publication of corporate reports, including monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, presentations, activity reports, news stories, opinions, and other Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials (newsletters, profiles, brochures, among others).
- e) Organize corporate participation in games, events, marathons, and other activities to promote the PAU corporate culture and brand
- f) Develop and implement the PAU digital content management and/ or marketing strategy on various platforms (website, intranet, social media), including the development of relevant graphic designs and
- g) Maintain and manage the Authority’s media relations, including ensuring adequate coverage in the media, proactive communication, response to inquiries and maintaining a video and photography
- h) Develop new concepts/ platforms to enhance the Authority’s corporate relations
- i) Undertake knowledge management tasks such as archiving of content
(publications, photos, reports etc.), and ensure its availability when required.
- j) Participate in planning and budgeting activities for the Corporate Affairs
Department, including tracking the implementation of work-plans and ensuring coordination and quality control of service providers.
- k) Undertake any other assignments as may be directed from time to
11.3 QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
11.3.1 Basic Qualifications
- a) An Honors Bachelor’s degree in either Communication, Journalism, Business, Marketing, Information Science/Technology, or Digital Communications.
- b) A Master of Arts in either Communication, Journalism/ Media, Public Relations or Marketing .
11.3.2 Working Experience
- a) At least five (5) years’ experience in a busy/ similar institution.
- b) At least 5 years’ experience in corporate affairs or public relations, three (3)years of which should have been attained at a supervisory level.
- c) Demonstrated experience in working in a leadership role in a similar organizat
- d) Demonstrated experience in liaising with other Public Institutions and Stakeholders.
11.3.3 Added Advantage
- a) Internationally recognised professional qualifications or membership of relevant or related nationally and internationally recognised professional bodies.
- b) Knowledge and skills in Adobe Creative Suite and other graphic design programme
- c) Experience in digital content management sys
11.3.4 Character and Competencies
- a) Leadership
- b) Analytical and Report Writing skills.
- c) Interpersonal
- d) Stakeholder Management e) Negotiation skills.
- f) Communication
- g) Logical and Systematic h) Research and Reference skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
PAU will ONLY consider on line applications submitted through its website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and go to the link “OPPORTUNITIES-CAREERS-VACANCIES” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
All applications should reach the PAU’s website www.pau.go.ug by Monday, 5th December 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail or hand delivered will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach only CERTIFIED copies of ALL the required academic documents like Degrees, Transcripts, Diplomas, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
- Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to firstname.lastname@example.org or call telephone number +256 313231500.
“PAU is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any money to any applicant for employment in its Service”
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda