MTN Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the following Position;
Job Title: Senior Manager – Regulatory and Compliance
Reports to: General Manager – Corporate Services
Division: Corporate Services
No. of Vacancies: 1
Main Job Functions:
- Implement MTN Uganda and MTN Group Regulatory agenda and directives.
- Provide strategic input into and management and implementation of MTN’s Regulatory and Compliance agenda.
- Ensure MTN Uganda complies with all Laws, Licences and Policies that may be promulgated by the Government of Uganda and the different Regulators from time to time.
- Provide Input into Legal and Regulatory policies/regulations, legislative framework with a view of mitigating future impact of new Regulatory policies and legislation on the company.
- Ensure effective implementation of the MTN Uganda’s Strategy by providing Regulatory support and direction, to local teams within operations.
- Understand the impact of potential changes driven by the local regulators, industry, marketplace, and/or legal environment and report these back to Opco management and Board
- Input into strategies for ensuring future compliance and mitigation of Regulatory risk i.e., Material legislations, fines and reporting requirements for various regulators.
- Undertake Regular assessment of the Legal and Regulatory policy landscape with a view of advising the company on proactive interventions and advocating for company positions .
- Manage, develop and sustain effective working relations with key company stakeholders, Government representatives with a view of advancing company interests.
- Monitor key legal and regulatory developments, review research publications and proactively develop strategies to advance the company’s interests.
- Act as a liaison between the company and all regulatory bodies.
- Prepare and submit reports of a regulatory nature to Management, Regulator(s) and Group as may be required.
- Actively collaborate with the Regulatory team members both local and at MTN Group
- Actively participate in the lobbying of key stakeholders to shape and change policy and draft legislation in the best interest of the company.
- Carry out any other obligation or duty as may be assigned by the company from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law (Honours) from a recognised University.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
- Post Graduate qualification in Law or Business Administration is an added advantage.
- Enrolled Advocate of the High Court
- Minimum of 8 years post qualification experience with at least 3 years as an Advocate in a busy Law Firm or having worked as in- house counsel in a reputable organisation within the Telecommunication Sector at Senior Manager Level.
- Knowledge of the of Telecommunication legal and Regulatory landscape.
- Proven track record of technical and specialized know-how in the Legal and Regulatory space.
- Previous success in implementing organization-wide Regulatory and Compliance policies
- Abreast of local mindset & best practices relating to Legal and Regulatory issues
- Be able to work under pressure in a fluid regulatory environment
- Strong written and communication skills
- Confident and assertive with a positive attitude
- Ability to think innovatively and develop strong implementation plans for strategies to overcome complex business and industry challenges
- Proficient knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda