Main Purpose of the Job
To Influence and direct Sales strategy and responsible for achieving regional sales targets. Lead all commercial activities/plans in the assigned regions (Marketing, Technology, Enterprise Business etc.) and come up with strategies to grow revenues and market share.
MTN Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the following Position;
Job Title: Senior Manager – Regional Commercial Head Eastern
Reports to: General Manager – Sales & Distribution
Division: Sales and Distribution
No. of Vacancies: 1
Main Job Functions
- Influence and direct Sales strategy and responsible for achieving regional sales targets. Lead all commercial activities/plans in the assigned regions (Marketing, Technology, EBU etc.) and come up with strategies to grow revenues and market share.
- Lead consumer Sales team to develop and meet strategic sales objectives and targets in the assigned regions.
- Lead and advise on the overall Sales strategy for indirect sales against overall marketing strategy.
- Prepare departmental plan based on overall divisional strategy.
- Direct and oversee the delivery of MTN field capability and tactics in the assigned regions
- Lead in ensuring the assigned regions contributes to the profitability of MTN through the establishment of appropriate checks and balances in the system. Processes and the alignment of all functional areas in the business regions assigned
- Contribute to business planning and prepare a departmental budget for Regional Sales, identify operational and personnel requirements to achieve operational effectiveness and meet business objectives.
- Oversee the financial, risk and audit process relating to the business and use financial management and audit reports for effective decision making.
- Maintain professional working relationship with management, field and cross functional personnel, as well as customers, industry and partners.
- Team management – coach and train team in-line with company and HR objectives, carry-out regular development conversations and performance reviews to build and develop talent. People management for a multidiscipline team.
- Promote and ensure compliance with (MTN policies, processes and procedures, overall objectives of the organization, regulatory & legal) within the business district.
- Lead in establishing high level stakeholder interactions with the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide and grow sales innovation aligned to the vision, mission and strategic focus areas of the business.
- Ensure the effective operations of all regional offices in assigned business district and liaise with all functions and Functional Executives; Stakeholder, Technical and Commercial.
- Lead Regional operational review meetings and update functional heads accordingly.
- Identify and meet sales opportunities, and strategically position MTN Uganda products for selling
- Influence sales performance according to set territory KPIs
- A First Degree in Business management or a related discipline.
- A postgraduate qualification in a related field and professional sales certification is an added advantage.
- 8 years’ experience in sales and distribution in a telecom company/FMCG Industry
- 5 years of which must have been in a managerial/strategic position in a multinational environment
- 3 Years outstanding performance in field sales management and administration.
- Experience in team management & supervision of others is a must have
Trainings & Knowledge:
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Strategic planning and Collaboration
- Team work and good people skills.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Computer skills.
- Strategic planning/Drive excellent/timely execution
- Critical Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Hands on to drive excellent/timely execution
- Excellent analytical skills
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda