Experience and Other requirements:
Full professional qualification such as ICSA or other internationally recognized professional qualification is an added advantage
Three (3) years at Legal Officer Level in a reputable public or private organization
Skills & Behavioral attributes
- Computer literate, able to use of Microsoft office Applications and other applications.
- Professionalism, Integrity, team spirit
- Good communication skills
- Objective and independent
- Problem solving skills.
- Confidence, patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult situations.
- An Honor’s degree in Law.
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Must be an advocate of the High Court with at least Three (3) Practicing Certificates
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the review and implementation of the legal manual.
- Conduct legal research to identify any new legislation or trend or practice that may impact the operations of the Bureau.
- Participate in identifying legal training needs in the Bureau and the NSS.
- Conduct research, develop, update legal training materials/tools and conduct training.
- Monitor and support contract management at all levels, that is, employment, procurement and other contracts.
- Maintain and update the legal compliance catalogue.
- Organise and support stakeholder consultations and in amendments of the UBOS Act.
- Liaise and maintain contacts with various offices including, the S.G, AG and other external legal firms.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Participate in the development of the department’s budget, workplan, and procurement plan.
- Prepare and submit timely accountability for resources.
- Perform any other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Salary Offer 300000 - 5000000 USD 300000 - 5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda