1.1 JOB SUMMARY
The Senior Internal Auditor- Technical will be responsible for providing assurance on the governance, risk, and controls regarding technical aspects in the Oil and Gas sector in line with the mandate of the Petroleum Authority of Uganda and the approved laws, regulation standards, policies, and guidelines.
1.2 KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- a) Aid in the development of the Internal Audit Manual, the Internal Audit Charter, and monitor adherence.
- b) Contribute to the Authority’s Audit Plan including conducting risk assessment in the various technical areas of the Authority, determining key priorities and resource require
- c) Take lead in all audit engagements related to the technical functions of the
Authority in line with the Annual Internal Audit Plan.
- d) Provide advisory services on technical matters in Oil and Gas sector where need arises.
- e) Create and periodically review frameworks for client/staff sensitizations on Audit and Compliance obliga
- f) Support the assessment of risks embedded in all functions across the technical
directorates of the Authority and recommend controls to mitigate them.
- g) Partake in appropriate follow up on engagement findings and recommendations to establish progress on implementation of action p
- h) Develop and maintain productive client, staff and management relationships through individual contacts and group meeting
- i) Undertake any other assignments as may be directed from time to t
1.3 QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
1.3.1 Basic Qualifications
- a) An Honor’s degree in Industrial Chemistry, Physical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Geoscience or Petroleum Engineering obtained from an internationally recognized University.
- b) Master’s degree in Petroleum Geoscience or Petroleum Engineering obtained from an international recognized University.
1.3.2 Working Experience
A minimum of five (5) years relevant working experience in a reputable organization.
1.3.3 Added Advantage
Professional certification in Audit.
1.3.4 Character and Competencies.
- a) Analytical and Report Writing skills.
- b) Interpersonal
- c) Stakeholder Management d) Negotiation skills.
- e) Communication f) Detail Oriented
- g) Problem-Solving h) Computer Literacy skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
PAU will ONLY consider on line applications submitted through its website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and go to the link “OPPORTUNITIES-CAREERS-VACANCIES” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
All applications should reach the PAU’s website www.pau.go.ug by Monday, 5th December 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail or hand delivered will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach only CERTIFIED copies of ALL the required academic documents like Degrees, Transcripts, Diplomas, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
- Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to email@example.com or call telephone number +256 313231500.
“PAU is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any money to any
applicant for employment in its Service”
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda