PAU/FCS/083/400 SENIOR ICT SECURITY OFFICER (1 VACANCY)
15.1 JOB SUMMARY
The Senior ICT Security Officer will be responsible for implementing and maintaining of security controls that have been embraced to address the Authority’s information technology security risks.
15.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- a) Maintain information technology security architecture consistent with international standards to reduce risks to the ICT assets.
- b) Conduct IT threat risk assessments of IT systems, networks and applications, new systems, and projects with a business-oriented focus.
- c) Support the participation in stakeholder engagements on risk treatment option identified from IT risk ass
- d) Examine audit logs & system alarms to identify the occurrence of security incidents and/or violations.
- e) Implement system tuning to improve the reliability of information technology security soluti
- f) Initiate and participate in investigations into information technology security violations to facilitate decision making.
- g) Implement information security awareness program through sensitization and training.
- h) Undertake any other assignments as may be directed from time to t
15.3 QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
15.3.1 Basic Qualifications
- a) An Honor’s Bachelor’s degree in either, Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics with computing, Computer or Software Engineering or any other ICT related field from an internationally recognized University or institution.
- b) A Masters’ Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, information and Network security, cyber security management, Statistics (Computing option), Software or Computer Engineering or any other ICT related field from an internationally recognized University/ Institut
- c) Professional certification in at least one of the following: Certified Cisco Networker Associate (CCNA), Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified in Governance and Enterprise IT (CGEIT) COBIT 5 will be added advantag
15.3.2 Working Experience
At least (5) years’ working experience in at least one of the following areas: networks, database management, system development, system administration, enterprise security architecture design from a busy reputable organization.
15.3.3 Character and Competencies
- a) Leadership
- b) Analytical and Report Writing skills
- c) Interpersonal
- d) Stakeholder Management e) Negotiation skills.
- f) Communication
HOW TO APPLY:
PAU will ONLY consider on line applications submitted through its website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and go to the link “OPPORTUNITIES-CAREERS-VACANCIES” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
All applications should reach the PAU’s website www.pau.go.ug by Monday, 5th December 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail or hand delivered will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach only CERTIFIED copies of ALL the required academic documents like Degrees, Transcripts, Diplomas, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
- Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to firstname.lastname@example.org or call telephone number +256 313231500.
“PAU is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any money to any applicant for employment in its Service”
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda