AKF Uganda (AKF) is seeking a dynamic Senior Human Resource Professional who has a passion for employee engagement and development to lead its Human Resource function in Uganda. The position reports to the Country Manager and is part of the senior management team and would provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to help shape the Foundation’s direction to ensure the organisation achieves its key HR objectives. Working closely with the Regional Head of HR the incumbent will identify and implement market best practice in the areas of HR planning, talent recruitment and engagement, learning and development as well as contributing to refining the performance and reward management system. AKF Uganda currently has fifty staff implementing several programs across Central and West Nile regions, with three regional offices in Arua, Yumbe and Moyo, all of which are under the scope of the country Human Resource function, based at the head office in Kampala.
AKF is currently implementing key HR initiatives on promoting a sense of belonging and work-life balance. It has also just launched the AKF EA Culture Canvassing Initiative: “Bora Pamoja,” which responds to our objectives around strengthening the internal culture of design, innovation, openness, and promoting a more inclusive, equitable, and diverse organisational culture. In addition, AKF is in the final stages of implementing a job grading structure, reviewing key HR policies, as well as strengthening safeguarding practices and implementing a Global HRIS System. We are also reviewing our Learning and Development framework to ensure continuous learning for leaders and teams. The Senior HR Officer working closely with Country SMT and Regional HR team, will be key in supporting and driving these initiatives forward in Uganda.
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Organizational Psychology or in any related field.
- At least 7 years HR technical experience OR a Master’s degree and 5 years experience in HR in a well-established NGO or private sector
- A Postgraduate Human Resource qualification or relevant professional certification is an added advantage.
- High level of maturity, emotional intelligence, integrity, good judgment, ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive issues
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, negotiation, and critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team and particularly a team across multiple geographies
- Passion for people, culture, change management and current knowledge on emerging issues/ trends in the workplace e.g., hybrid policies. .
- Capacity to work independently, with diligence, take initiative and manage a variety of activities simultaneously while meeting reporting deadlines
- Strong familiarity in working using online and digital technologies including proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (SharePoint, Teams, Excel) and HRIS systems.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this unique career opportunity with AKF should submit a maximum of two-page cover letter and a maximum of three-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional referees through this link
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AKF Is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment.
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org)
To learn more about us, please visit www.akdn.org
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda