Hours: Regular Full-time, 40 hours per week; Not Eligible for Overtime.
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications.
Reports to: Grants and Operations Manager.
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/
URC has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world.
With the RHITES-N Acholi Project (Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Northern Uganda – Acholi), USAID will continue its support of the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) efforts to improve access to and use of health services in the country’s post-conflict northern region. RHITES-N Acholi Project activities will build on USAID investments and national advances to increase access to and use of high-quality integrated services that accelerate the ability and capacity to respond to the specific health needs of residents in the Acholi sub-region, leveraging the URC-ASSIST project successes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Senior Human Resource and Administration Officer is a full-time position and will be based in Gulu, Uganda. S/he will support the 8 districts in Acholi region by managing the administration of human resources policies and procedures, provide an employee oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, goal attainment, talent acquisition and management, staff relations and administration support and performance management support and any other employment related functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the execution of HR services in the areas of Compensation and benefits, orientation of staff, recruitment, selection and retention.
- Ensure that the recruitment process is transparent and in line with URC HR policies and procedures.
- Maintain and updates HR Information System to ensure that all personnel information is properly & accurately captured, effectively managed, and always maintained.
- Ensure that there are professional relations between and among staff at all levels.
- Participate in the review, development, and execution of national HR policies & procedures within the area of assignment.
- Advise and conduct employees on exit management process for exiting employees and maintain copies on file.
- Responsible for preparing monthly payroll, maintaining payroll related documents and information are kept properly.
- Ensure that NSSF, PAYE, LST statutory returns are well computed, deducted and remitted to the respective authorities.
- Administer leave and prepare monthly leave summary reports.
- Administer employee benefits such as leaves, medical, insurance etc.
- Provide the necessary confidential administrative support for all human resource, office admin and receptionist function.
- Manage the Job Evaluation/Analysis Process and follow up on employee contract extension.
- Support supervisors and staff in the goal setting, end of probation or annual performance reviews ensuring proper documentation of performance appraisals.
- Review timesheets prepared by staff and ensure that they are completed correctly as allocated, charged to the right donor ready for salary payments by month end.
- Provides support to employees in the interpretation of HR policies and guidelines and administration related matters.
- Ensure proper functioning of office operations systems.
- Ensure that the acceptable procurement system and logistical operations including travel and workshops/meetings are adhered too.
- Ensure that all personnel documents for employees are updated and maintained in personnel files including exiting-staff file.
- Provide ongoing support and mentorship to project staff with regards to project financial and administrative systems and procedures.
- Responsible for the execution of HR services in the areas of employees’ welfare administrations.
- Ensure functionality of necessary office equipment and requisitioning new equipment and supplies as needed.
- To always monitor current processes and identify ways to improve these processes and systems.
- Participates in the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are raised.
- In collaboration with the HR team, develop the HR Calendar and objectives for the Year.
At least a bachelor’s degree in human resource or Business Administration, a postgraduate/masters is an added advantage.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience working with USAID funded mechanisms.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness, problem-solving skills, initiative to learn and willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Good oral and written communications required.
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
- Organizational and planning skills, and ability to prioritize workloads.
- Ability to multitask.
- Communications skills both verbally and in writing.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Due to the large number of inquiries, we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Gulu, Uganda