Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Reports to: Associate Finance Manager
Location: Mbarara Project Office
The Senior Finance Officer is responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, preparing the payroll, maintaining accounts payable and managing office Finance operations.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives fully approved staff timesheets, prepares payroll (including individual staff pay slips) and completes the Payroll Allocation Spreadsheet
- Trains new staff in timesheet procedures.
- Prepares and remits local taxes.
- Prepares currency exchange/account transfers and serves as agent of the bank.
- Accurately enter payees names, account number and payable amount in the system for (EFT) via the online banking.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation and supporting documentation.
- Reviews petty cash reconciliation, prepares petty cash replenishment, and performs periodic petty cash checks.
- Receives expense reports and advance requests from staff members and performs initial review for accuracy and completeness
- Tracks advances & petty cash replenishments for the Kampala office
- Tracks vacation and severance accrual in consultation with the HR manager
- Assists monthly financial package to Washington office and responds to any questions or comments in a timely manner
- Ensures safe custody of safe funds (advance balances and cash in transit) and the banking of unspent money.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Bachelor degree in business Management, Accounting and Finance, Commerce
- Professional qualification in CPA, or ACCA is required and 2 years of post-certification experience.
- Atleast 5 years of accounting experience for a public or private sector organization
- Experience with international donor environment
- Previous experience in managing US government-funds
- Familiarity with USAID regulations preferred
- Proven skills in financial management
- Computer literacy and knowledge of accounting software systems (e.g. QuickBooks Pro)
- Strong team player with proven communication and collaborative skills.
- Possess strong accuracy, attention to details and ability to follow-through.
- Highly organized with ability to meet deadlines, troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Mbarara, Uganda