VACANCY-03: Senior Election Officer/Web & Digital Media
Duty Station: Electoral Commission Headquarters
Department: Public Relations
Reports to : Principal Election Officer/Public Relations
Tenure : Permanent
Salary Scale: ECS4 (FIXED)
Responsible for planning, managing and monitoring the Commission’s interactions with the public by implementing social media platforms’ content strategies and providing the voice for the Commission across social media channels.
Key Result Areas:
!. Developing, implementing and managing the Electoral Commissions social media strategy;
2. Regularly generating, editing, publishing and sharing engaging content on social media e.g. original text, photos, videos and news;
3. Communicating with followers, respondoing to queries in a timely manner and monitoring public views;
4. Interacting with the public and other stakeholders via the Commission’s social media accounts;
5. Researching social medial trends and informing management of changes that are relevant to the Commission’s activities;
6. Building a social media presence and image awareness by maintaining a solid online presence and engaging relevant influencers;
7. Managing our online communities to ensure respectful and appropriate engagement;
8. Analyzing data to determine whether social media campaigns have achieved their objectives;
9. Educating other staff on the use of social media and promoting its use within the Commission;
10. Any other duties as may be officially assigned from time to time.
Minimum Academic qualifications
i. An Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies or Marketing or Journalism or Public Relations or Mass Communication or English or a related field from a recognized awarding institution;
ii. A Post Graduate qualification in any of the above fields or Business intelligence, or Social Media or Digital and Social Media Marketing or Social Media and Interactive Technologies or professional certification in Google Analytics will be an added advantage.
Minimum Working Experience:
Three (3) years relevant and proven experience of performing similar or related duties and responsibilities in a busy and reputable environment.
Skills and competencies:
1. Proficiency in multi-social posting programs such as Hootsuite and HubSpot;
2. Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites;
3. General knowledge of search engine optimization and internet ranking for web content;
4. Great verbal and communication skills;
5. Creativity and analytical skills;
6. Ability to develop social media strategies;
7. A solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms, particularly in relation to branding and stakeholders;
8. Excellent team working, collaboration and networking skills;
9. Familiarity with web design;
10. Analytical and multitasking skills;
11. Critical thinker and problem solving skills.
Age: Between twenty-five (25) years and fifty (50) years.
Mode of application:
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of certified academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry or mailed to the address indicated below, not later than Friday 6th October, 2023
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ……………”
Secretary, Electoral Commission
P.O. Box 22678
- Salary Offer 300000 - 5000000 USD 300000 - 5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda