• Support the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and Head Operational Risk (HOR) in suitable management reporting and business analytics in line with defined performance metrics.
• Support the risk management team by gathering risk data from the various channels it is reported or stored, organising, analysing and distributing as per agreed timelines.
• Implement measures that will ensure risk data is readily available.
• Ensure full understanding of systems used within the risk management department.
• Identify new enhanced functionality opportunities and recommend changes to leverage technology in optimal risk management.
• Validate the MIS and ensure that any errors are corrected.
• Preparation and consolidation of Risk Reports for Senior Management
• Provide proactive support to risk management teams to understand gaps, opportunities and local activity etc.
• Conduct research and prepare a report on topics relevant for the risk department.
- Proactive tracking and reporting of the team’s performance in relation to the strategic goals, including progress reports against plans and relevant performance metrics.
- Review and recommend enhancements where appropriate to how the risk management team engages with different stakeholders.
- Manage the team’s stakeholder engagement process effectively including creating a formal process for capturing information obtained from stakeholders and how that information is embedded in the risk management oversight process.
- Support in coordinating with different stakeholders to prepare the reporting packages presented at the different Risk Committees.
- Assist the CRO and HOPR in preparing Risk Reports.
- Localisation and tracking expiry of Operational Risk Policies, standards and frameworks ensuring communication and timely approval of policies, Standards and Frameworks.
- Perform adhoc projects in support of the risk management activities including researching key topics related to emerging risks.
- Monitor the team’s compliance to various requirements including trainings, vacation, closure of open issues.
- Work closely with risk team members to ensure requirements for Internal Audit, External Audit, Regulatory audits etc. are submitted timely.
- Support in tracking and monitoring the team’s budget and escalating potential overruns timely.
- Maintain and update risk registers and schedules
- Provides technical support on the metric data tracking programs.
- Work with the team in simplifying and improving risk reports, dashboards and score cards to complement decision making and risk mitigation.
- Organise and maintain risk information according to purpose.
- Distribute to risk committees the insights gained through report review and data analysis, including implications for risk management strategy.
- Track Risk training and awareness initiatives for the team and Bank.
- Updates and distributes risk reporting and dashboards as required.
- Accesses information quickly and effectively to identify and resolve matters/ queries.
- Information Risk Management by ensuring system access reviews, email group reviews, folder access reviews are completed at least quarterly in addition to as and when there are leavers or joiners.
Accountability: Data Analysis
- Assists the unit managers in the development and interpretation of their respective metric data.
- Identifies and highlight problem trends for management decision making.
- Escalates complex matters to the appropriate areas for prompt decision making and follow through to ensure that satisfactory resolution happens quickly.
- Analysing collected data to provide reports containing sufficient level of detail to enable the management team to make informed decisions.
- Preparing presentations, dashboards and reports as required by the CRO and HOPR.
- Participate in and coordinate Risk Committees such as the Enterprise Risk Committees including but not limited to drafting of minutes and the agenda as well as noting and tracking of actions.
- Risk Action plan tracking.
- End to end risk Event management as per standard.
- Tracking of lessons learnt for Risk events and other issues.
- Issue tracking.
- Take the minutes of the team meetings. Ensure that the minutes are approved and distributed to the relevant parties within the agreed time period.
- Manage the Risk Management function leave roster.
- Champion all Information Management/ Records management Risk activities.
- Based on the requests from the CRO or delegate, request for quotes from approved suppliers and generate purchase orders.
- Follow up with vendors for delivery of items. Check invoices against items received from vendors.
- Obtain sign off on invoices and submit to accounts payable for payment.
- Review entries passed against the departments cost centre. Investigate and resolve any unknown entries with Finance department.
Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush5000000 UGX 0-ush5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda