The Research study nurse will participate in the identification of suitable research participants for the study, the consent process, questionnaire administration, physical examination, biological sample collection (e.g., phlebotomy and skin biopsy), sample transportation and maintenance of study logs.
- Screen potential participants for eligibility.
- Provide general nursing care to potential participants and study participants.
- Provide study information to potential subjects prior to, during the consent process, and through study participation.
- Travel to various clinics to recruit study participants
- Administer questionnaires to all consented participants
- Perform study procedures that including photographic documentation, collecting and processing biological specimens for instance skin punch biopsy, saliva, blood, and blood draws, completion of study logs and data entry.
- Maintain proper study documentation and participate in review of study questionnaires
- Participate in all the project calls and communication.
- Provide periodic reports on study progress to the study coordinator
- Perform any other study-related duties assigned by Study Coordinators or Principal Investigators.
- Nursing degree or diploma (registered) from a recognized education institution
- Current Nursing Practicing License
- GCP training and research experience will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 1 years work experience in a public health facility setting
- Up to date registration with Uganda Nurses’ and Midwives Council.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills and ability to communicate with potential participants in local languages
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills in nursing procedures and practices including pediatric phlebotomy.
- Good counseling skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and Ability to be a good team player
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, schedule and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Competence in the use of standard MS Office software
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 25th July 2021. Please follow this link https://idi.mak.ac.ug/hrms to apply for this position.
1. IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
3. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
4. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
5. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
6. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus; College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda