Job: Project Officer – WASH MOFA Project
Organization: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Technical Project Officer – WASH
About US: World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Project Officer – WASH MOFA Project will provide day to day management of the Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) activities as detailed in the Omugo Disability Inclusive WASH, Livelihood and Protection Project in order to reduce the vulnerability of refugees and host community especially people with disability and improve child well-being through access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Quality Project Implementation
- Ensure all the technical work is completed with the desired quality and according to schedule
- Actively contribute to planning and guiding the implementation of WASH activities and follow-up to ensure project is on track to achieve intended goals
- Lead the assessments of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) situation in the project areas (Schools and communities)
- Facilitate the promotion of good WASH practices and active engagement of Persons of Concern (POCs) in transforming their communities for WASH and Inclusion
- Strengthen capacity and sustainable WASH management systems through an inclusion approach with PLWDs and other vulnerable populations (i.e. the elderly and children ages 12-18)
- Build the capacities of project staff, key project partner staff and community structures in participatory methodologies such as PHAST, CLTS etc to encourage their participation in project activities.
- Lead the development and distribution of all training materials/ guides to deliver training in schools – to the children, teachers and community members as an ongoing capacity building strategy
Reporting and documentation
- Provide weekly and monthly progress and reports to management.
- Develop and share success stories on the WASH component
Networking, collaboration and representation
- Participate in the district level, Inter-Agency and zonal coordination meetings as advised by the project manager
- Collaborate and Network with partners operating in the project area (e.g. WASH implementing partners, OPM’s office, UNHCR, private-sector, NGOs and CBOs).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the World Vision Project Officer – WASH MOFA Project job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Water/Public Health, Environmental health, or WASH related field from a recognized institution.
- At least three years of previous work experience in a development and emergency setting (preferably an international NGO) in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene program design, implementation
- Experience in facilitating any of the WASH participatory like PHAST, CLTS, Sanitation Marketing, Behavior, Change Communication and other related innovative hygiene and sanitation approaches that are necessary for the promotion of hygiene and sanitation interventions.
- Be highly knowledgeable about WASH sector policies and guidelines and key challenges affecting WASH implementation in Uganda.
- Experience in community mobilization and empowerment interventions
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Computer literate
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend, participate and lead in daily devotions and Chapel services.
- He/she must be willing to ride and must have a valid riding permit
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 13th April 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush5000000 UGX 0-ush5000000 Month
- Address Uganda