Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (IFRC). Uganda Red Cross implements lifesaving services across the country and would wish to invite applicants that meet job requirements for vacant positions in our organisation.
|Title||Project Officer – WASH (Software)|
|Reports||Programme Manager WASH|
The Project Officer – WASH (Software) will be responsible for the management of all soft aware WASH components, programming, material, financial and human resources of the National Society within the project area.
- Planning, coordination, implementation, evaluation and makes recommendations on WASH project activities particularly, Hygiene Promotion and Menstrual Hygiene Management campaigns in community and schools.
- Prepares project budgets & work plans and ensures proper accountability of project funds and other resources;
- Prepares and submits timely and quality activity reports;
- Prepares quarterly and annual project progress reports in accordance with URCS guidelines and project requirements;
- Mentoring, coaching and support supervision to project focal persons and project volunteers (project leaders and Hygiene Promoters);
- Develop project monitoring tools in liaison with the URCS M&E officer and ensure they are used to address the project key result areas and indicators therein;
- Ensure proper coordination with relevant stakeholders (sector partners, district and sub county authorities) in consultation with respective Branch Managers on WASH related activities and policies;
- Technically support community based trainings, sensitizations through PHAST and PHASE activities at different levels within the project areas for quality assurance;
- Sensitise and support community members on safe solid waste management systems within the project areas;
- Develop and disseminate appropriate hygiene promotion messages for positive behavior change among community members and schools in the project are;.
- Support health emergencies and disaster operations in the different intervention communities in implementation of software activities.
|Core Competencies and knowledge|
Download application template from here
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer and mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms, academic transcripts and certificates should be e-mailed to; [email protected] or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for receipt of the applications is 25th October 2021 at 5.00 p.m.
When applying please indicate your preferred location.
Due to large volumes of applications, only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Yumbe District, Uganda