Work Hours: Full-time, 08 hours per day
No. of vacancies: 01
Deadline: 20 December 2022
Hiring Organization: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
The objective of this assignment is to ensure that the project provides overall technical leadership and technical assistance to all stakeholders under the CoCoDev Project to achieve all agriculture related activities related to cocoa with quality. Supervise and follow-up all stakeholders in project related activities to improve service delivery quality with farmers’ capacity building. Develop training modules and outlines as per project plan. Facilitate different staff and participant’s level of training and workshops and play role as a key technical person on cocoa issues. Ensure that the project`s agriculture related activities are on the right track. Maintain coordination with Government and other service providers at the National, District and other levels.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Develop training plans and modules related to cocoa as per project design;
• Set and ensure achievement of all targets related to cocoa, project design with quality within agreed upon deadlines;
• Liaise and work with stakeholders in cocoa and value chains’ operations and provide feedback to improve project quality;
• Record all success stories for project documentation.
• Developing and monitoring project implementation plans to ensure successful project milestones are met.
• Prepare a range of project-related documents for key stakeholders as required, including status updates, reports, and discussion papers to manage the flow of information.
• Seek out and actively manage key stakeholder relationships based on open and regular discussions and feedback, to ensure effective project implementation.
Relevance and experience
• Master’s degree in agriculture, agriculture extension or any other relevant field. University degree in agriculture, agriculture extension, agronomy, agricultural economics or any relevant fields.
• At least 5 years’ relevant experience in agriculture commodities’ value chain development. Working with cocoa value chains will be an added advantage.
• Extent and relevance of experience in project management preferably on sustainable agriculture management, climate smart agriculture and market led approaches;
• Capacity to promote for results new approaches and practices as well as demonstrated commitment in promoting participatory and bottom-up approaches;
• Demonstrated knowledge of the latest developments in advancing good/best practices in value chain development, climate change and policy development that reaches the women, youth, the poor.
• Interested to undertake extensive field work
• Demonstrated creativity, willingness to innovate, think systemically and work independently.
• High-level interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Advanced knowledge and skill with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
• Proficiency in English is a must.
• Ability to take initiative and accomplish tasks with minimum supervision.
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem–solving abilities
• Relationship builder
• Ability to work with a wide range of actors from different backgrounds (farmers, private sector companies, Government, and NGOs etc
Interested candidates should submit their applications, accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three reputable referees, contact details (e-mail, telephone) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda