Title: Project Manager (1)
Location: Parolinya refugee settlement
Type: One year contract, Full-time
Reporting Relationship: Programs & Sponsorship Director
The Project Manager will provide overall leadership and management of the Early Childhood Development Education (ECDE) project in Gulu, Kitgum and Parolinya Refugee settlement. The project aims at supporting parents, communities, and early learning centers to promote playful experiences for children aged 3-8 years that are joyful, interactive, and actively engaging to support the development and learning needs of these children. She/He will ensure that the project deliverables are met as per the proposal. She/He will provide supervision and technical assistance to project staff and coordinate with partners.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Lead the planning and implementation of the ECD project activities according to the approved proposal, ensuring deliverables and targets are met.
- Manage the project budget ensuring timely resource utilization as per approved budget, and adhering to both ChildFund International and donor requirements
- Ensure continuous monitoring of the implementation of project activities to ensure quality implementation
- Ensure project data captured, well documented and contribute to knowledge management
- Lead project coordination with relevant stakeholders for successful implementation of the project including participation in key working groups to foster partnerships
- Ensure timely submission of quality project progress reports, and other data and information as may be required
- Ensure establishment of adequate project documentation and correspondence is available for monitoring and future reference.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and coaching to project staff to ensure growth and delivery of service.
- Undertake any other duties as shall be delegated by the supervisor
- At least 5 years’ project management experience in an international NGO and in leading medium to large early childhood development programs in either emergency or development contexts
- Experience managing high-quality donor funded project(s) such as the European Union, USAID
- Experience working in consortium of partners
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and supervision of staff and in building and maintaining a high performing team.
- Experience in promoting children’s rights including participation in programming, design, implementation and evaluation in either emergency and development settings.
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills with ability to network and negotiate with partners and government bodies.
- Strong facilitation and capacity building skills
- Willingness to regularly travel across the project sites.
- Ability to cope and maintain performance expectations under pressure
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Management and leadership skills experience in a team environment.
- Strong knowledge of Government of Uganda ECD policy and implementation plan
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Early Childhood Care and Development, Child Development and Children’s Ministry, Development Studies or closely related area required.
- Humanities with an additional qualification in Early Childhood Development.
- A Master’s degree in a closely related field is an added advantage.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Uganda