Program for Accelerated Control of TB in Karamoja (PACT-Karamoja) is a five-year USAID funded Activity (2020–2025) that aims to increase TB case detection and treatment success rates through health system strengthening in all districts of North Eastern sub-region of Uganda. In collaboration with key stakeholders in the region, PACT-Karamoja project provides technical assistance to district health teams to deliver high impact and innovative interventions that are in line with current national and global TB guidelines in Karamoja region. USAID PACT-Karamoja focuses on regional, district and community structures for the management of drug susceptible TB, drug resistant TB and TB preventive services in the districts of Abim, Amudat, Kaabong, Karenga, Kotido, Moroto, Nabilatuk, Nakapiripirit and Napak.
To enhance leadership and technical capacity of the TB program at subnational and district level to effectively guide and manage the implementation of TB control activities.
The PD will have the overall responsibility of leading, managing and reporting for project activities. S/he will be responsible for making key decisions and solving problems in short timeframes while ensuring operational and project quality and integrity. S/he will serve as the project’ main point of contact with USAID on routine and strategic matters. S/he will also ensure effective organizational management and communication with government officials at all levels, international partners and agencies.
Technical Support to the Project and Sub-grantees
- Provide technical and project management leadership and strategic direction to ensure programmatic and financial integrity of the project and to achieve rapid and sustained objectives and targets
- Mentor, support, supervise and manage a team of highly qualified technical staff and align their efforts to ensure rapid and sustainable results
- Ensure compliance with the terms of the award and with USAID Operational policies and regulations.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with USAID, Ministry of Health as well as other sub-grantees.
- Represent USAID IDI PACT-Karamoja Activity during donors and other key stakeholders’ forums.
- Lead USAID IDI PACT-Karamoja annual work planning processes in close collaboration with USAID, Ministry of Health’s National TB and Leprosy Division, key stakeholders and the project team.
- Oversee the work of the subgrantees to ensure that agreed targets and objectives are achieved in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the operational research team to prioritize operational research topics relevant to improved TB response in the region for implementation, documentation and dissemination of lessons learned in key forums at national, regional and international levels.
Monitoring Evaluation and Learning
- Work with M&E Learning team to monitor performance of the PACT-Karamoja Activity against the approved AMELP
- Oversee the preparation of quality PACT- Karamoja progress reports, timely submission to USAID and dissemination.
- Work with finance team to develop and track project budgets.
- Review and approve activities and expenditures as will be determined by the project and USAID priorities.n
Desirable Skills & Qualities
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing project systems and overseeing project start-up and close-out
- Experience hiring and supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving project needs
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with USAID, the Ministry of Health’s National TB and Leprosy Program and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID projects, regulations, compliance and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership, strategic thinking, organizational, team-building, and representational skills
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills in English
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a health-related field, e.g., medicine, human nutrition, and a Master’s Degree in a Health-related field preferably Public Health.
- At least five years’ work experience within a government institution/NGO with proven ability to coordinate activities of different stakeholders at a national level.
- Excellent grasp of TB, TB/ HIV, MDR TB performance improvement methodologies.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Moroto, Uganda