Work Hours: Full-time, 08 hours per day
No. of vacancies: 01
Deadline: 20 December 2022
Hiring Organization: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
The objective of this assignment is to ensure that the project provides overall technical leadership and technical assistance to all stakeholders under the CoCoDev Project to achieve all agriculture-related activities related to coffee and cocoa agribusiness with quality. The Agribusiness Expert has the responsibility of the development and implementation of business cases whereby climate-smart agriculture interventions are integrated into the coffee and cocoa value chain from an agronomic, financial, and inclusion perspective. The Agribusiness expert will identify and support business cases for the matching grant scheme co-investment fund and broker access to finance and investment of the businesses. S/he will coordinate and work with a matching grant scheme to scale climate-smart investments.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Identify business cases for the matching grant scheme for co-investing
• Support agribusinesses to develop the business cases
• Establish appraisal criteria for the matching grant scheme, design milestone-based payment scheme and contribute to the assessment of the business cases
• Coordinate with the UCDA and PMU, the planning and disbursement of grant funds
• Support the implementation and roll-out of business cases
• Monitor and report the performance of the business cases as per the set milestones
• Set-up of coaching programs on agribusiness management for male and female entrepreneurs and youths.
Relevance and experience
• A relevant academic qualification: Master’s degree in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, or Business Administration;
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience working with or in Agribusiness, preferably in coffee and cocoa
• Knowledge of the coffee and cocoa value chains preferably at the global level and in East Africa
• Experience in coffee and cocoa value chains development and agribusiness finance, preferably experience with matching grant schemes
• Ability and demonstrated experience in designing and appraising business cases
• Strong agribusiness relationship management experience and focus with the ability to stimulate trust and confidence with clients and investors including managing various stakeholders.
• Demonstrated creativity, willingness to innovate, think systemically and work independently high-level interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Advanced knowledge and skills with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Proficiency in English is a must.
• Ability to take initiative and accomplish tasks with minimum supervision
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent analytical and problem–solving abilities
• Relationship builder
• Ability to work with a wide range of actors from different backgrounds (farmers, private sector companies, Government, and NGOs
• Willingness to travel to all project locations
• Excellent organizing, negotiation, influencing, and advisory/coaching skills
Interested candidates should submit their applications, accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three reputable referees, contact details (e-mail, telephone) to email@example.com
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda