With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Programme Support Assistant (2)
Report to: Food Assistance & Cash Officer
Location: Yumbe District and Obongi, Moyo District
Advert Start Date : 6th July 2022
Advert End Date : 13th July 2022
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of this role is to provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office.
- The Programme Support Assistant will organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Order office supplies and ensure there is adequate refreshments and cleaning supplies and office materials
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters and other forms and ensure soft copy documents are backed weekly
- Develop and maintain a filing system and carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Maintain office key logs and ensures office premises are safe; secures office keys and allocates them to staff keeping copies of each set of keys.
- Receive goods and ensure appropriate documentation is maintained for invoicing and asset tracking
- Maintain asset registers (a data base of office assets) and ensure routine service of office machinery and assets.
- Identify and coordinate request for installation, repair services in line with policy
- Stores management by monitoring the security, documentation, fumigation, cleanliness of stores
- Track and ensure timely payment of utility bills and other services in coordination with finance team
- Provide logistical support and back up in the planning of meetings and workshops
- Provide general support to visitors
- Book travel arrangements and hotels for World Vision employees visiting the area location
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- Minimum of Diploma in Business Administration, Office Management, International relations, Social Sciences or related disciplines.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Live out Christian values and able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Customer care experience
- Excellent interpersonal problem solving
- Priority setting and Multitasking skill
- Good time management
- Good report writing and feedback skills
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only
Click Here to Apply
- Salary Offer 0-ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda