Share An Opportunity (SAO) Uganda is a Christian child-centred Nongovernment organization. It envisions a holistically developed child within the community. The organization seeks to recruit a dynamic and self-motivated individual for the position of Programme Officer Child Protection. The ideal candidate will be based in Abim and should have worked in a similar position for at least three years. The Programme Officer, Child Protection will be responsible for ensuring that they develop and implement a communication and marketing strategy that will ensure the promotion and growth of Share An Opportunity Uganda in the attainment of its vision and mission.
Job Summary: The Programme Officer, Child Protection is responsible for building the capacity of child protection actors on children’s rights, monitoring and reporting.
Reporting: Programme Area Coordinator
Duty station: Abim
Position type: Regional
Contract type: Fixed term contract – 1 year
Proposed start of contract: As soon as possible
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Programme Officer, Child protection
1. Building capacity of child protection structures on children’s rights, monitoring and reporting.
2. Building capacity of children and duty bearers on child rights and participation among others.
3. Networking with local government departments in the district and other organizations implementing child rights approach in the community.
4. Providing technical guidance on all matters of child protection in the field office.
5. Documentation of child protection and participation standards and requirements.
6. Provide technical guidance and operational support to implementing structures to enhance performance and quality assurance, share knowledge and build capacity;
7. Ensure that child rights activities are planned and implemented in line with the objectives of SAO Uganda and assist in the preparation of guidelines for programme management.
8. Participate in the writing of funding project proposals, budgets and activity plans and align them with the objectives of SAO Uganda and relevant development partners.
9. Responsible for ensuring that Children’s Clubs operate according to recommended guidelines.
10. Ensure timely, accurate and complete and consistence correspondences sent to the programme Area Coordinator.
11. Participate in the development of follow-up tools, databank, reporting formats and indicators for use in projects. 12. Participate in relevant partnership committees, meetings and implement action points developed therein.
13. Perform other relevant tasks at the request of the Programme Area Coordinator or his/her designate.
Other requirements/ competencies:
a) Good knowledge and experience of the child rights approach to development.
b) Ability to develop quality work plans, budgets and reports.
c) Good knowledge of computer applications.
d) Ability to collect, enter and analyze data.
e) Good knowledge of the child protection mechanism.
Qualifications & Experience
a) Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Development studies, Social Sciences or equivalent in a development-related field.
b) Minimum of 3 years’ experience preferably in a NGO setting in the sector of child protection and education.
c) Capacity to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds as is the case in the Karamoja region.
d) Capacity to work efficiently within a multidisciplinary team
e) Strong ability to work independently
f) Good interpersonal and communication skills
g) Good computer skills
The job holder must be a hardworking, spiritually mature, focused and trustworthy individual that upholds a high sense of integrity and accountability and commitment to the vision, mission, values and aspirations of SAO Uganda
Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid riding permit is a MUST. Females are strongly encouraged to apply. Fluency in the local language; Thur is a requirement.
To apply, send your application, resume, copies of your academic documents and recommendation letter from either your pastor or reverend to the Human Resources & Administration Manager at email@example.com or hand deliver it to the SAO offices on Abim Lira Highway in Orwamuge Town council and our head offices on Plot No. 1448, Kitala Zone, Kanyanya.
The deadline for applications is 24th March 2023.
- Salary Offer 300000 - 5000000 USD 300000 - 5000000 Month
- Address Abim, Abim, Uganda