Program Officer Enterprise Development (Palorinya/Obongi)
The Program Officer, Enterprise Development will be responsible for the development of training materials suitable for refugees starting micro-enterprises. Trainings will stimulate innovative business ideas with high social impacts, providing training on long term business planning, basic accounting and record keeping as well as training on savings and loans groups operation. The Program Officer will also work with the project team to identify and implement appropriate Cash for Work (CfW) interventions, in a safe and environmentally appropriate manner. The post holder will also monitor both CfW implementation as well as micro-business start-up, participating in selection of business plans, based on environmental and other risk factors.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of Degree in business, economics, or other related field. A master degree in a related academic field will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in developing training materials and delivering training in microenterprise development, entrepreneurship, savings and loans association, etc.
- Specialized knowledge in microenterprise development and training;
- Strong skills and experience in all aspects of programme development, including programme/project monitoring, review & evaluation.
- Substantial experience of developing working relations with government, community stakeholders and children
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and commitment to capacity building of staff.
- Understanding of social relations and commitment to integrate gender, diversity and other power related issues into programme activities
- Specialized knowledge in environment and risk management
- Knowledge of West Nile, Uganda, and the displacement (refugee) context preferred
- Knowledge of a local language
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and commitment to capacity building of staff, with proven skills as a trainer/facilitator and mentor
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- An understanding of the role of INGOs and current development debates, particularly participatory approaches, organizational development and capacity building with/for both state and non-state partners.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and resourceful.
- Computer skills e.g. Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Proven ability to ride a motorcycle with Valid permit.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 15th October 2021 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply: Click Here to Apply
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Obongi, Uganda