The main aim of the FAO Country offices, which are headed by the FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. This position is located in Kampala, Uganda.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Uganda, the direct supervision of the Operations Officer in close collaboration with the Assistant FAO Representative (Administration), and in close coordination with programme, operations and administrative personnel, the Procurement Specialist will:
The Procurement Specialist will manage, coordinate and report on Procurement aspects/activities related to the FAO Uganda program portfolio and ensure that all Procurement activities are carried out effectively and in line with FAO rules and procedures
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Supervise and manage the procurement actions.
• Prepare solicitation process, identify method of solicitation, prepare tendering documents (including Expressions of Interest [EOI], Request for Quotations [RFQs], Invitations to Bid [ITBs], Request for Proposals [RFPs]), distribute invitations to tender and conduct all aspects of bid/proposals evaluations and ensures that the solicitation process is fair, objective and transparent and that it follows the general principles, as set forth in the FAO Manual Section;
• Ensure tracking of all procurement processes from receiving and reviewing procurement requisitions for completeness up to delivery/completion of goods/services, acceptance, payment, and follow up with requesting/requisitioning units to ensure that all requirements are met;
• Contribute to preparing a procurement plan for FAO Uganda, and ensure its implementation and monitoring;
• Review purchase requisitions, orders, contracts and tenders to ensure that they are in full compliance of established FAO rules, procedures and strategies;
• Organize and participate in, as appropriate, local tender opening panels and the Local Procurement Committee (LPC) preparing submissions for the latter when required;
• Draft purchase orders, low value orders, contracts and service orders as well as amendments and/ or renewals;
• Perform the role of Quality Assurance Officer and review the Letter of Agreement (LoA) documentation including the Note for the File, and verify that the proposed LoA is in conformity with MS 507.
• Submit the LoA together with all supporting documentation to the LCP if needed and to the Authorized Official for approval and, upon signature, with the service provider and share a countersigned copy with programme and operations colleagues for further action.
• Verify operational and technical clearances prior to launching procurement actions, and ensures that the funds available are allocated in consultation with the responsible staff;
• Ensure that the invoices/payment requests are received, certified and include all the supporting documents that are required for finance to process the payment; in cases of quality issues coordinate with the technical team on liquidated damages to apply before forwarding invoices for payment and for delays in delivery recommend the application of liquidated damages as per FAO rules and regulations.
• Prepare amendments of Lease Agreements (LAs), LoAs and Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) and keep track of their payment schedules;
• Prepare reports and routine correspondence on procurement subject-matters;
• Draft justifications/rationale and Notes for the File related to procurement when and as needed;
• Maintain an accurate and updated filing system in the Procurement Unit; and assist in the classification and maintenance of documentation relating to procurement subject-matter areas;
• Identify local dealers and potential suppliers of goods from the local market applying MS 502 FAO procurement rules and regulations and maintain an updated suppliers’ and vendors’ database; prepares vendor forms for suppliers and contractors;
• Liaise with Logistics Unit for timely preparation and receipt of letters of import exemption and re-export, follow up on clearance of goods and shipments and ensure safe arrival of the consignments to the final destinations;
• Participate in meetings with suppliers;
• Act as the Contracts Unit focal point for GRMS, UNGM and Intend;
• Review current processes and make recommendations to improve purchasing systems and procedures;
• Perform other related duties as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in Procurement, Business, Public Administration, or related field
• At least five years of in-country work experience in procurement.
• Working knowledge (level C) of English (oral and written). .
• National of Uganda.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Procurement Training and certification is an asset
• Experience in procurement with UN agencies or international NGOs and multi-national enterprises
• Knowledge of Microsoft office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web based procurement management systems.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda