Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organisation: John Snow, Inc. (JSI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About John Snow, Inc. (JSI) :
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals aged communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 104 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years.
The Procurement Officer is a full-time position based in Kampala. They will be responsible for providing comprehensive procurement support to the Activity. This position will be responsible to adhering to all relevant JSI and US government policies and regulations while maintaining smooth and efficient procurement activities for the Activity. The primary responsibility of the Procurement Officer will be to follow the procurement process from start to finish for all office related support services and items required for Activity functionality They will report to the Contracts and Procurement Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive procurement requests forms (PRFs) from user departments and clarify item specification with user department;
- Prepare and release solicitation documents in coordination with user departments in accordance with JSI/USAID procurement policies,
- Evaluate quotation/bids received and prepare evaluation documentation for procurement files, including recommendation of vendors for approval of the Director of Finance &
- Administration; Prepare all vendors contract documents such as Fixed Price Purchase Orders, seek approval as per approval matrix and issue approved orders to suppliers accordingly,
- Follow up on orders with contracted vendors to ensure timely delivery of goods and services,
- cultivating vendor relationships and ensuing product availability for user departments,
- Organize invoices and supportive documents for submission to finance to ensure timely payments to vendors, as necessary escalate any issues to the Contracts and Procurement Manager and/or the Director of Finance &
- Administration; Update the procurement tracking sheet and share with user department and SMT on weekly basis;
- Monitor supplier performance, and follow up with vendors on performance issues as needed;
- Provide technical support to the Activity staff on procurement related issues;
- Conduct supplier visits and verification of field based service providers as required;
- Maintain a comprehensive filing system for auditable records for all procurement documentation; and, Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Contracts and Procurement Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Recognized University Degree in Procurement, Logistics, Law, Business Administration, or any other relevant field;
- Full or partial accreditation by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (UK);
- At least five years practical procurement experience, Working knowledge and understanding of US government procurement policies and Federal Rules and Regulations;
- Previous work experience with USAID and other donor-funded projects highly preferred; or experience working with an NGO is an added advantage;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are required;
- Ability to easily communicate in a clear and courteous manner with colleagues and vendors;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with minimal supervision, and Highly proficient in common computer packages (e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel) relevant to the work.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and Interested applicants Please submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 8th July 2022
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda