Jhpiego is seeking a Procurement Officer to support the Uganda office in Kampala. The procurement Officer will be responsible for organizing, managing, and overseeing the day-to-day implementation of Procurement Logistics and Administrative systems and procedures in accordance with Jhpiego policy. This includes sourcing, negotiating, purchasing, and liaising with the wide variety of vendors and suppliers. He/she will work closely with the Senior Financial Officer to ensure timely procurement of goods and services, proactively identify deficiencies, and provide recommendations on how to improve upon existing processes.
- Work with program team to develop and update the procurement plan.
- Provide procurement support to the Jhpiego’s country office in Uganda.
- Perform purchasing functions including: sourcing for quotations and negotiating for prices, terms, and delivery and overseeing after sale services with vendors.
- Prepare basis for vendor selection (BVS) and, if necessary, work with Jhpiego Baltimore team to ensure procurement approval and prepare documentation for pre-approval.
- Create POs and forward them to vendors/suppliers.
- Follow up with vendors to ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Work with Jhpiego staff, in country and in Baltimore to determine requirements for goods and services.
- Maintain/update procurement systems and records: implement the procurement system identified by Jhpiego Baltimore
- Assist in coordinating with Baltimore staff on approvals, shipments, customs clearance and deliveries to the office.
- Participate in evaluating, appraising and selecting pre-qualified suppliers/vendors.
- Facilitate/support routine inventory counts as appropriate.
- Be familiar with and abide by all organizational policies and procedures.
- Assume other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in Supply Chain Management/Business Administration/Finance or Accounting/ Commerce or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in procurement or administration.
- Experience working in a busy office.
- Computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience with MS Word, MS Power Point, and MS Excel.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- A broad variety of administrative, office management and computer skills.
- Experience in managing teams and supervising multi-cultural staff.
- Self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
- Cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality.
- Willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda