Job Location: Head Office.
Reporting to: Head of Finance and Administartion
Contract Terms: One year (Renewable)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communication with suppliers, contractors, and department officials and employees regarding purchase requisitions, specifications, bids, contracts, orders, and related matters.
- Drafting, review, and comparison of specifications and prices of competitive items and also examining, inspecting, and comparing of the quality of merchandise and/or services purchased or to be purchased for project purposes.
- Drafting, editing, review, and interpretation of contract terms and conditions
- Evaluation of proposals, bids, and quotations; and the awarding, final negotiation, and/or recommendation of contract awards within prescribed limits.
- Purchases goods and services within established limits as provided by Procurement manual.
- Contacts suppliers for price quotes; prepares requisitions and affixes authorizing signature before ordering.
- Checks accuracy of funding information.
- Informs staff of purchasing procedures and regulations.
- Maintains purchasing records. Contacts vendors or agency representatives to obtain availability and product information or to solicit bids; develops requests for quotations.
- Evaluates information to ensure compliance with donor and organization policies and public procurement and contract law.
- Assists higher level buyers with the selection of bidders, public bid openings, preliminary bid evaluation, brand comparisons and final award of bids.
- Conducts market research concerning prices for items required.
- Support with processing requisitions.
o The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Public or Business Administration, or related field; and two (2) years of full-time professional-level experience
o Clerical, word processing, and/or Microsoft office application skills.
o Riding and driving skills is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their application letter, valid academic documents and detailed resume (CV) with three recognizable referees to: Uro Care-AMBSO office-Nansana. (Behind Bukomero Seven sisters building, Nakuule Zone). Emails: [email protected]. (PDF file only). Applications should be handed in not later than 5:00pm 15th October, 2021.
NB: Please clearly indicate the Research site that you are applying for (either Masaka or Hoima)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Hoima, Uganda