Responsible to: Manager HRM)
Responsible for: Senior Human Resource Officer.
Salary Scale: EB 3L
Purpose of the Job:
Development, implementation and regular review of Human Resource policies, strategies, guidelines, rules and regulations and to provide the required guidance to effectively implement the policies in the Board.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpretation and implementation of human resource management policies, rules and regulations including labour laws and other statutes relating to human resource manageme
- Developing and coordinating employee orientation and induction programmes aimed at providing employees with relevant information about the Organization and their work.
- Conducting training needs assessments and preparing a staff Training and Development programme under the guidance of the Manager.
- Assisting in preparation of the Directorate budget, Procurement plan and monitoring of expenditure to ensure value for money.
- Administering the payroll and assessment of benefits in liaison with the Accounts department
- Managing the Human Resource Information system (HURIS) as relates to automating the various functionalities to promote efficiency
- Generating and maintaining a varied Human Resource database/ statistics and assisting in the compiling of HR reports and updating web-site HR information.
- Performing and or coordinating regular job analysis and evaluations to ensure fairness and sustain employee motivation.
- Planning, developing and implementing Performance Management Systems for support staff
Key Performance Indicators:
- Policies correctly interpreted and implemented
- Guidance and Counselling services available
- Salaries and benefits paid appropriately.
- HURIS is actively functional
- Job analysis and evaluation reports in place
- Orientation and or induction programs for new staff coordinated,
- Training needs analysis made and records available
Key Decision Making:
- Pay-roll updates
- Data base updates
- Guidance and Counselling programs
- Job analysis and evaluation programs
- Induction programs
- Hons bachelor’s degree in Human Resource / Personnel Management or Business Administration or a related discipline or a degree in Arts/Sciences/Social Sciences/Management Sciences with a postgraduate diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration (Human Resource Management option) or Public Administration and management or Organizational Development.
- At least nine (9) years of relevant/related work experience in a reputable Organization three (3) of which should have been at the level of Senior Human Resource Officer.
- Skills/Competencies/Personal Attributes
- Proven leadership abilities and prudent decision making
- High interpersonal and communication skills
- Word processing, spreadsheets and database applications
- Excellent working knowledge of policy formulation.
- High degree of confidentiality and integrity
- Terms of Service: Permanent
Age Limit: 40-50 Years
How to apply
All eligible candidates should submit their applications with detailed CVs, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contacts and addresses of at least three referees in hard copies, delivered to the address below OR submit in soft form at email@example.com
NOT LATER THAN 5:00 pm of Friday 05th November 2021.
- Detailed job profiles can be obtained from our website: uneb.ac.ug
- Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted
The Executive Director
Uganda National Examinations Board
Plot 35 Martyrs way – Ntinda
P O Box 7066 – KAMPALA
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda