Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
To manage the Maltings team & processes to achieve KPI’s including delivery of high efficiencies, managed costs, safe and pleasant working environment, high quality malt through the implementation of VPO and people management practices as the means to deliver results and key KPIs (i.e. Gross Line Yield, Water usage, Safety, Customer Complaints). Also to ensure stakeholder engagement across the value stream, including farmers, procurement, agri team, brewers (internal and external), service providers, customers, logistics, planning, RPSS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To lead and deliver on KPI’s, through VPO implementation
- Ensure Plants sustainability and continuous improvement.
- KPI’s improvements year on year, trying to reach World Class results
- Produce targeted quantity of tons of Malt to Africa breweries.
- Manage quality and costs
- Supply Malt to Africa breweries with competitive cost, the right quantity and superior quality
- Sell Malt in local and international market – for small breweries – and as per AB InBev commitments
- Manage costs and losses across the business driving improvement plans and problem solving to achieve in specification losses
- Manage losses on malt handling and pre-cleaning
- Responsible for the delivery, execution and managing the performance of VPO for the site
- Drive plant performance through means and results
- Develop people and manage the workforce by applying DPC principles
- Ensure people’s integrity, health & well-being, people’s skills and career development
- Manage external stakeholders’ relationship
- Improve relationship with stakeholders.
- Appropriate professional qualification in a related field
- Min: BSc Degree in Biological Sciences, Chemistry or Chemical. Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Specialization in brewing, packaging or malting
- Specialization in Quality Management systems, laboratory management and skills management
- At least 5 – 10 years relevant experience, of which 3- 5 years’ operating at a management level
- Demonstrated experience in driving commercial decisions in a AB InBev plant (financial, operational, people)
- Ability to drive performance results showing a good track record
- VPO experience
- People Management Skills
- Solid understanding of performance management practices
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate across all levels.
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Extremely high level of literacy and numeracy
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge and understanding of manufacturing costs and cost drivers
- High level of verbal and written skills
- Computer literacy
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than (01 October 2021).
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda