PAU/MDST/041/601 PETROLEUM OFFICER – GAS PROCESSING (1 VACANCY)
5.1 JOB SUMMARY
To monitor and regulate the development and operation of gas processing facilities to ensure that they are designed, constructed, operated, and maintained in a safe, efficient and secure manner.
5.2 KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- a) Monitor and regulate all activities related to the development of gas processing facilities.
- b) Review the plans and engineering designs of gas processing facilities and evaluate and advise on codes and standards for the gas processing f
- c) Support review of the country’s legislation for petroleum gas processing and the negotiation of agreements for gas processing projects.
- d) Review of technical and periodic progress reports submitted for gas processing facilities.
- e) Facilitate the development and implementation of operational guidelines and manuals for gas processing facilities.
- f) Support the development of the work plans, budget, and progress reports for the departme
- g) Undertake any other assignments as may be directed from time to t
5.3 QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
5.3.1 Basic Qualifications
An Honor’s Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences from an internationally recognized institution.
5.3.2 Working Experience
A minimum of 3 years’ working experience in oil and gas process facilities design, development, or operations.
5.3.3 Added advantage
Master’s Degree in Refinery Design and Operation or Chemical Process Design or Chemical Process Engineering from an internationally recognized University/Institution.
5.3.4 Character and Competencies
- a) Report Writing b) Interpersonal skills.
- c) Stakeholder Management d) Conceptual and Analytical skills. e) Negotiation skills.
- f) Attention to detail
- g) Technical skills related to Gas Utilization
HOW TO APPLY:
PAU will ONLY consider on line applications submitted through its website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and go to the link “OPPORTUNITIES-CAREERS-VACANCIES” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
All applications should reach the PAU’s website www.pau.go.ug by Monday, 5th December 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail or hand delivered will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach only CERTIFIED copies of ALL the required academic documents like Degrees, Transcripts, Diplomas, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
- Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to firstname.lastname@example.org or call telephone number +256 313231500.
“PAU is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any money to any applicant for employment in its Service”
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda