PAU/EXP/021/604 PETROLEUM ENGINEER (1 VACANCY)
6.1 JOB SUMMARY
To support the interpretation of Petroleum Engineering data to enable assessment of Uganda’s petroleum resources in a bid to expand the resource base of the country and ensure comprehensive assessment of all discoveries.
6.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- a) Analyze all petroleum engineering data of all exploration
- b) Interpret all engineering technical reports submitted by exploration licensees to ensure efficient management of petroleum
- c) Support the monitoring and regulation of the implementation of engineering studies, and well drilling for exploration companies to ensure value for money and sustainability of the country’s
- d) Support the identification and/or development engineering related guidelines relevant for enhancement of compliance by exploration licensees to strengthen the policy, legal, and regulatory
- e) Assess proposed new petroleum engineering technologies by exploration lice
- f) Participate in the establishment and maintenance of a high-quality petroleum engineering database to ensure efficient management of the country’s Petroleum, and other related
- g) Undertake any other assignments as may be directed from time to time
6.3 QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
6.3.1 Educational Qualifications
An Honors Bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences, Engineering, or related disciplines from an internationally recognized institution
6.3.2 Working Experience
A minimum of one (1) year’s relevant working experience in the Oil and Gas sector
6.3.3 Added advantage
- a) A Master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering from an internationally recognized University.
- b) Membership to at least one relevant professional body
6.3.4 Character and Competencies
- a) Analytical and Report Writing b) Interpersonal skills.
- c) Negotiation
- d) Communication e) Evaluative skills.
- f) Data Analysis
- g) Technical skills related to Petroleum Engineering.
HOW TO APPLY:
PAU will ONLY consider on line applications submitted through its website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and go to the link “OPPORTUNITIES-CAREERS-VACANCIES” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
All applications should reach the PAU’s website www.pau.go.ug by Monday, 5th December 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail or hand delivered will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach only CERTIFIED copies of ALL the required academic documents like Degrees, Transcripts, Diplomas, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
- Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to email@example.com or call telephone number +256 313231500.
“PAU is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any money to any applicant for employment in its Service”
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda