Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
We seeks to recruit a proficient, energetic and motivated individual to take up this exciting position based at our Kampala Office.
Type of Contract – Fixed term
Location: – Kampala
The People, Culture and Administration Manager will support delivery of WWF Uganda Conservation Strategy through the development and effective implementation WWF People, Culture and administration policies and standards.
- Implement the people management and development strategy (including recruitment and selection practices, discipline, grievance, counselling, compensation and benefits, staff and consultant contracts, training and development, succession planning and talent management, morale and motivation, culture and attitudinal development);
- Facilitate and coordinate the implementation of the performance appraisal system;
- Develop and support measures to improve organizational culture and employee well-being;
- Maintain staff files and oversee payroll administration and management;
- Lead advisor to the Country Director and team in matters concerning people related risk management
- Supervise and ensure full functionality of the Administration, IT/Logistics components for the country office.
What you need:
Qualifications and experience
Masters in Human Resources Management, Organisational Psychology with bachelor’s degree in related field such as and not limited to; Business Administration, Law, Organisational Development, Economics. At least 5 years of professional experience in HR in Uganda; membership of a relevant professional body would be a strong asset; Proven track record in Human Resources administration and management; Knowledge of the institutional, legal and policy framework of employment and HR management in Uganda; Experience in supervision of Administration components is required.
Required Skills and Competencies
The ability to communicate effectively, inspire, coach and seed behaviour change in the workplace; Proven leadership skills in design, administration and management of Human Resource Management systems, payroll, policies and processes; Excellent interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment; Experience of working in a matrix organization; High ethical standards of behavior, good judgment, respect for others, confidentiality and attention to detail; Energetic, proactive and capable of working independently as well as within and across teams. Identifies and aligns with the core values of WWF organisation: Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration.
How to Apply
Email application letter, Curriculum Vitae including contact details of three (3) referees, copies of academic qualifications (sent as one PDF document) clearly indicating “People, Culture and Administration Manager” in the subject line to: email@example.com Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda